Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 7 Ch. 74 - One-sided Love

Dex-chan lover
Good, I'm not the only one. Time to check back every once in a while to see if someone else does.

Dex-chan lover
@DjAlexDubCheck Nah. No way. The translator himself said so and the magazine this is published in is for young children. In all of the series have been published in the magazine, there is not a single yuri manga.

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming that this Momoko finds the faults of the younger Momohana to be very cute, especially in contrast to her talents as a maiko. Despite her deadpan face, she seems to be having fun playing the role of Momohana's elder (caring for and scolding her). She even seems to be able to read Momohana like a book (knew she was out of name cards, knew she actually wanted a cream soda). Thus, "love".

Well, that's my guess at least.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you hitting Momohana like that Momoko-nee-san ? You're mean.

Also, this manga is published in the shonen sunday ( yes that's right it's a shonen) , along with titles like silver spoon, komi-san, detective conan or Mary grave, so '' tag yuri Never'' confirmed

VIP
rather than love, i think admiration is more fitting? one sided admiration. the person you admire is not like the one you think? false expectation?

Dex-chan lover
So a "cream soda" in Japan is more-or-less what we call a "float" in the U.S.? 'Cause that weren't no IBC cream soda there.

Also, Momoko actually seems to like Suu-chan as a person, but the younger girl still thinks of their relationship purely as an apprenticeship. I think that's what the whole one-sided love thing is.

Group Leader
Don't take that kind of comment too seriously, folks ?
It wouldn't have to be explicit if true, anyway.
Jokes aside, I wrote it because Momoko's mannerisms and behaviour remind me very much
of a lesbian friend of mine. @miyako19

Because while Momoko is supposed to be her "sister" Suu-chan never shows her real self to her or relied whole heartedly to her.

Suu-chan doesn't want to show her childish side and didn't order the cream soda. She hesitated to ask Momoko for help.

She wishes to be her sister but she'll never be as close to her as Chiyo does.

Ever since I've watched Card Captor Sakura (pool episode), I literrally DREAM of getting a cream soda, even though I'm kinda afraid I won't like it.

Contributor
That wasn't a cream soda (a vanilla flavoured soda), that's an ice cream float (also known as ice cream soda).

Dex-chan lover
Momoko realizing she’ll never be able to keep up with the clumsy housewife Suu-chan has at home lmao

Users who are viewing this thread