SameHonestly, I'd like to see this picked up for a series.
It's hardly pointless. He just has to get better at spiritual warfare, or get a weekly subscription with exorcist girl, or whatever. Modern problems, modern solutions.I can't say I'm a fan of the story. It reads basically as "What if Crabs-in-a-Bucket mentality could manifest with paranormal force", and it basically makes any sort of effort one does pointless. Just look at MC, tries his best to live properly and righteously and NOPE, cursed with suck because others felt he shouldn't be above them. The ol' japanese 'don't stand out, just do what everyone else does' in full force. It reminds me of another series I dropped where MC trains all his life with swordsmanship and athletics, and when he comes of age and his power isn't based on swordsmanship and athletics, his skill and muscles literally get magically drained away because "that's not what the Gods meant for you lol, do what your omnipotent betters demand".
Well, who knew Marika Tosu can ACTUALLY make something decent, 'cause this one grabbed me more than her previous serialization.
Uh, yes, but I have no idea why they're listed as "Tosu" there. The name's Torisu, as clarified on their twitter: https://x.com/N_taro_PIsn’t this the same mangaka as Shokuba no Onnanoko ni Toushi Suru Hanashi?
I came back because of a certain post on r/comics
I don't find it pointless. It's a lot like Dostoevsky's "The Idiot", do you betray your own morals and ideals just to placate others? Or do you stick to your guns even if it leads to your own demise in the end? There may be no good ending, but is it worth betraying yourself? I don't think so.I can't say I'm a fan of the story. It reads basically as "What if Crabs-in-a-Bucket mentality could manifest with paranormal force", and it basically makes any sort of effort one does pointless. Just look at MC, tries his best to live properly and righteously and NOPE, cursed with suck because others felt he shouldn't be above them. The ol' japanese 'don't stand out, just do what everyone else does' in full force. It reminds me of another series I dropped where MC trains all his life with swordsmanship and athletics, and when he comes of age and his power isn't based on swordsmanship and athletics, his skill and muscles literally get magically drained away because "that's not what the Gods meant for you lol, do what your omnipotent betters demand".