Kiyoubinbou, Jou wo Tateru - Kaitaku Gakuen no Rettousei na no ni, Joukyuu-shoku no Skill to Mahou ga Subete Tsukaemasu @COMIC - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
potato seeds?
Potato plants do actually have seeds. It's easy to assume that they don't, since people often plant potatoes to have potatoes grow (which they think makes the potato the "seed", but it's just part of the roots), but that's basically the same as cutting off a tree branch and planting it, where you're not having the plant reproduce, you're just generating a cloned version of the plant.

Potato plants have flowers which yield berries with seeds in them, but if you plant those seeds you'll get a different potato from it. Kinda like how if you plant a seed from an apple you bought at the store, the tree you get from it might taste significantly different/worse than the apple in the store (because all those apple trees that made the apples you see in a store are just cloned from trimmings, not apple seeds).

Dex-chan lover
I am not a great fan of sweet potatoes. they kinda taste of peach and is too sweet for my taste.
But once you progress them into like fries, chips or mixing them in cakes. they good.
i do wonder if they can replace sugar if you need it?

Dex-chan lover
Potato plants do actually have seeds. It's easy to assume that they don't, since people often plant potatoes to have potatoes grow (which they think makes the potato the "seed", but it's just part of the roots), but that's basically the same as cutting off a tree branch and planting it, where you're not having the plant reproduce, you're just generating a cloned version of the plant.

Potato plants have flowers which yield berries with seeds in them, but if you plant those seeds you'll get a different potato from it. Kinda like how if you plant a seed from an apple you bought at the store, the tree you get from it might taste significantly different/worse than the apple in the store (because all those apple trees that made the apples you see in a store are just cloned from trimmings, not apple seeds).
Oooooooh that's super cool!! Ty for the knowledge!

Dex-chan lover

Even the The soil, climate and even the orientation of a hillside or the company of neighbouring plants, insects and microbes play a role in the taste of whatever you plant.

Dex-chan lover
I am not a great fan of sweet potatoes. they kinda taste of peach and is too sweet for my taste.
But once you progress them into like fries, chips or mixing them in cakes. they good.
i do wonder if they can replace sugar if you need it?
I believe it's possible, but the return isn't great because of their starch content or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update.

I know the whole shtick of the manga is that everyone but the girls look down on Leon but I pray that some of the guys come around sooner than later, especially since the simp squad was not only there but probably watching Leon dig up and give the multiple tons (probably literally) of tubers for the rest of the grade.

Dex-chan lover
I believe it's possible, but the return isn't great because of their starch content or something like that.
Their starch content mixed with resin is the best adhesive. I use rubber tree saps and this starch to make woodworks.

Oh and applying them to weaved dried leaves makes chairs 💺

Dex-chan lover
Their sweetness is also different from sugar. Theirs is do to a chemicals reaction caused by heating them up and breaking down the starch. Their sugar is called maltose, vs sucrose which is typically used sugar. Its only half as sweat and much harder to dissolve in water. Which would make it much harder to refine, and using it would be more difficult. It also has a much harder impact on blood sugar levels. So a lot of negatives with no benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread