Kochou no Yumeji - Ch. 175 - Farewell -Part Three-

NOOOOOO GDI They seriously found her already? Omg I hope they just don't seal her without even her agreeing That'd be flipping BS and to me they're no better than ayakashi who use their powers for evil and stuff.

@amplified

There's something I've been hung up on. Do you think the relation between Izumi's name and the word Yomi (mentioned by Shirogane in the Book arc that the two of them are "unfortunately related" because of it) has anything to do with Shirogane entrusting Kochou and the entourage to Izumi before departing to the Underworld? I mean, we've come to learn later that Shirogane descends from the Underworld gatekeeper, but do you think there's anything more? I've always thought of it as a subplot that has been dropped.

Group Leader
@hikarihenney I actually never thought of connecting those two (good catch!), and yes, maybe the author really did have more backstory prepared for Izumi that we didn't get to see. With Shirogane leaving for the Underworld and Saku and Tamamo in-charge of baiting the onmyouji, I just thought he left them in Izumi's care since he thought Kochou would be more comfortable with a fellow human.

Izumi's real name is Asano Tadashi and Kiizumi is his penname. Maybe he intentionally chose that penname after wandering into the Ayakashi realm so many times to anchor him to that realm.

@amplified What a thrilling theory about Izumi's penname! I'm falling in love with these new discoveries from head to toe... Seriously this manga is incredibly precious T______T .......

Users who are viewing this thread