Kodomo no Jikan - Vol. 11 Ch. 72

Dex-chan lover
You know liking her means that you do like her body, so that does mean that liking a child for who they are still means that you like a child body.

Double-page supporter
You know liking her means that you do like her body, so that does mean that liking a child for who they are still means that you like a child body.
I sort of disagree but I get what you’re saying. It reminds me of that dumb question “Would you like me if I were a worm?” The essential part of that question is “If I changed physically, would you still love me for me?” I think it is possible to like someone for who they are and not because of a physical attribute. When Aoki says he likes Rin for Rin and not because she is a child, he is saying that he does not like children but Rin.

I guess to steelman your point though, liking someone does mean you have some physical attraction to them. No matter how beautiful the personality, a hag is a hag or a ugly bastard is an ugly bastard. Attraction is necessary for romance, at least an ounce of attraction. So while it may be true that Aoki likes Rin for Rin, that doesn’t mean he completely ignores physical attributes.

That said, there are people who learn to love someone despite their looks. There are burn victims who’s faces are completely disfigured and yet they are able to find love. Or in fiction, Beauty and The Beast is another example where love blossomed because of the Beast’s personality, not his looks. So it isn’t too far fetched to think that Aoki has minimal physical attraction to Rin yet plenty of attraction for Rin on a personal level.

Users who are viewing this thread