Koi Lemon - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Fuck that shit she doesn't deserve anything, 5 chapters left and we're wasting time on this bitch.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, I'm making my popcorn and pulling up a chair for the shit show. The author is trying to redeem the childhood friend and I for one will enjoy the riots after he makes the MC fall for her. If there are no riots then at least I have some popcorn and a chair to throw. I'm right there with most of the comment section in that the CF should just stay/go away. But that is NOT where the author is taking us ... for better or worse they have got a story to tell. They should be able to tell it ... even if it's shit ... trash ... not very good.

@Ryrie - Thank you! If you didn't bring it up, I would have.

I suspect the author is dangling this role reversal (one where the MC saves the shitty childhood friend once he realizes she isn't just being an idiot but is legitimately in a pinch), to setup some character growth, an apology, and potential reconciliation from Koharu.

That said, if the author expects most of us to even consider rooting for Koharu, that better be one helluva groveling apology where she owns all of her bullshit and swears off the violent tsundere schtick forever. Oh, and she explains why she didn't reach out to make amends sooner. And pays to fix the door she and yuri loli friend destroyed.

With this chapter, we see that beneath his usual antisocial, edgy turd persona, Tamaki is actually a good guy who wouldn't abandon someone in trouble; even someone who has wronged him as much as Koharu has. That is likely what he was like as child, and who he is really is at heart...buried underneath his fear, distrust, and animosity towards other people because of the trauma he suffered. Koharu now looks even worse by comparison.

Hopefully, the author is wise enough to give her enough self-awareness and introspection to realize how shitty a person she has been, and she vows to change; if not for the sake of winning over the MC, then just to be a decent person going forward. Especially when the competition, Lemon, is so far ahead of her, and is clearly the catalyst for Tamaki starting to come out of his shell.

Here's hoping we won't get some cliched, last minute flashback that glosses over, minimizes, and/or lazily recontextualizes her actions to try to justify them. "It was an accident, I was too ashamed to say anything at the time, and I didn't know how to approach you to apologize once I finally pulled me head out of my ass" will not cut it with me.

You don't get to act like an entitled brat, whom kicks the person SHE wronged in the FUCKING BALLS, without showing a SHRED of REMORSE or offering up a COMPELLING EXPLANATION. Let the bitch work to redeem herself and EARN her happy ending if she wants it so badly.

That said, experience has taught me not not to get my hopes up prematurely.

ez3

Pay for the freaking door, you violent weirdo.

I think this manga will end with lemon telling him that they cant be together because she is a magical sex doll or she sacrifices herself for whatever reason. Maybe telling some bullshit like she was made to help him to be better person and the childhood friend needs him more. She stays in the closet as a good memorie.
The end.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez, don't usually feel bad for an MC, usually, they are just idiots and I'm like, meh you deserve it. But that dude turns into a teenage acne hormone hive disaster every time a girl touches him. That...sucks.

Also, had no idea this was a short run.

hhhhholy fuck childhood friend better grovel for a fucking apology by th end of this.

Users who are viewing this thread