Koi wa Hito no Hoka

Minami Maki had lost its charm since mega hits Special A.
Special A is fun, but after that, lot of her series are boring.
I think the author of Hana Kimi did much better. I read her latest series titled Momomotto, it's cute simply but done pretty well.

Not only this, even the author of Gakuen Alice, Fruits Basket. They are gone.

This one, too bland, plotless and can't compete with other generic shoujo.

RD

??It's nice ? I'm having fun reading it and I'm looking forward for the next chapter <3

I honestly have to disagree with the detractors here. Sure some of the elements of this are a little rushed and under developed but nothing outside of what you typically find in most shoujo's. But honestly I really liked the story a great deal. Something about a main character so determined and single minded she repeatedly and willfully tries to become a demon is so compelling. It's refreshing, this leading heroine who is so obsessed with being stronger that she willfully throws away both her life and scruples and the way the story treats with as both her greatest strength and biggest weakness. It's not the transformative work of the century but it is enjoyable and not with out it's own merit. I like kind sensitive heroines driven by compassion just fine (my all time favorite being Noriko from Kanata Kara who literally draws power and agency from accepting that she is actually very weak) but there is something interesting about exploring the mind set of someone who has dedicated their everything to one single person and just how far they'll go every once in awhile.

Double-page supporter
@goronyanpai This is a super old comment (sorry) but I really like some of Takaya Natsuki's work other than Fruits Basket! Namely Liselotte to Majo no Mori, I found it charming (Lol it's been on hiatus since 2013 tho, who knows if it's coming back. Well, Beet the Vandel Buster came back after 10 years so who knows?). But yeah, it must be hard to think of what to do next after creating a legendary manga.

Users who are viewing this thread