Koi yori Aoku - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Ffs why cant we have a GL series without a random love rival showing up out of literally nowhere? Lets just hope she isnt the typical annoying bitch like most of the rivals are and that she is gone within 3 chapters.

Or even better, lets just hope she isnt actually a love rival and is just someone that think Takamine is cool and is kind of her fan (though the odds of this is way lower than the odds of her being a love rival…). But still that she is not annoying af and that she is gone within 3 chapters if she is annoying

Dex-chan lover
kiyota san has an annoying new smell fetish character possibly every chapter that tails the two leads
uninvited wife, with child just dropped the bomb of her 'from the future' wife has a fiance
now this, that is also a possible third party that will just sour this wholesome title.. sigh

its either manhua that its whole story is just about one lead having problems with her parents fixing her into marriage or manga that has a sudden third character that just came out of nowhere.

sorry just venting out.

Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
taking the poster for the club down feels so much sadder then it should be for some reason.
I think it means that she gives up on recruiting new members and the club will shut down, so yeah it's sad.

We don't even see the face of the new character yet nor do we know how exactly she feel about Takamine, so I think it's a bit harsh that people are already mad about her.
personally, I'm gonna reserve my judgement until she actually appears and her character is fleshed out.

anw, thanks for the chapter and the extra!!!

Dex-chan lover
The new "rival" probably likes the cold and aloof aspects of Takamine's personality without realizing that those are things Takamine is actually trying to change about herself. So she has no real chance.

Double-page supporter
fuck this manga is so good 😭😭😭you the goat for translating no kizzy

Dex-chan lover
Why is there always a rival? I hope this doesn't become annoying :haa:

Reactions: Tlo

Tlo

Man, what is manga writers obsession with love rivals that only exist to be annoying?

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter!
I wonder if miss future-love-rival chan is a member of the library committee. That would be an express ticket to drama.

Dex-chan lover
Man, what is manga writers obsession with love rivals that only exist to be annoying?
If the MCs fall into an established dynamic of liking each other but not confessing or liking each other but not realizing it for multiple chapters without much progress, it can be hard to make progress not feel arbitrary without some big shake up in their relationship, and in a low stakes series like this, a love rival is a really easy solution to this. Even if their on-page presence is annoying as hell, they can still contribute to the story as a whole. That's my take at least :)

Tlo

If the MCs fall into an established dynamic of liking each other but not confessing or liking each other but not realizing it for multiple chapters without much progress, it can be hard to make progress not feel arbitrary without some big shake up in their relationship, and in a low stakes series like this, a love rival is a really easy solution to this. Even if their on-page presence is annoying as hell, they can still contribute to the story as a whole. That's my take at least :)
Maybe I’m weird but I would probably try to have progress happen naturally without having to create a whole character to force it.

Users who are viewing this thread