Koibami Shoujo - Ch. 5 - Thank You for the Meal

Supporter
I really like how the series keeps me on my toes. I figured it'd be formulaic where they'd go on dates and tease their identities but the first girl was revealed to be a love eater after the date, the 2nd we don't know and third we found out before anything happens. I also like how there's conflict in the love eaters and the main character is challenging his own thoughts about it. Really good start

Dex-chan lover
That was fast to have Hino be revealed as a lover eater before the date even begins. Still wonder if she's try to steal his love when he's going to most likely avoid that scenario. I expect him to try to reason with her & still treat with respect which is a foolish thing to do. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
So the main character is going to report her to the biology teacher so that they can capture her and disect her , right?
Or maybe he should bash her over the head and drag her away now.

Supporter
Yeah they're revealing way too fast. This is just gonna become a generic harem rom-com. He accepts they're love eaters and forgives the fact they've literally ruined love for every guy before him.

This would've been really good as a monster mystery.
I do Wonder If that would be the case since even If he wants he cant get together with the love eater (unless eating love isnt innate to them which would be a garbo excuse)

At this point it the better question.
Who is not a "Man Eater".

I'm sorry for this Joke 🙇

I feel like this is being rushed so hopefully the author has a plan.

Also what if humans turn into love-eaters some how?

Edit: Ok I thought this through and I think it was a good choice have him see a love-eater eating someone's love because it shows that the biology teacher wasn't crazy and he actually needs to be careful about who he falls in love with.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I do Wonder If that would be the case since even If he wants he cant get together with the love eater (unless eating love isnt innate to them which would be a garbo excuse)
I’m already calling it now, the twist is gonna be that making a love-eater fall in love somehow ‘defeats’ them. That’s why they emphasized the first love-eater not understanding what love actually is, and showing her starting to get feelings for the MC

Dex-chan lover
Yeah they're revealing way too fast. This is just gonna become a generic harem rom-com. He accepts they're love eaters and forgives the fact they've literally ruined love for every guy before him.

This would've been really good as a monster mystery.
Like this reveal was so, SO lame. They didn’t even bother trying to hide it with this girl. Like, the MC should be avoiding this girl like the plague now, but we all know he won’t.

Why would the author even bother with the the mystery girl premise if they’re not even going to attempt to keep the mystery?

Damn, now I have no idea what the author is planning. That was way too quick of a reveal.

It would be absolutely insane if he's planning on ditching the romcom aspects of this and just go straight for the horror.

Aggregator gang
this manga is throwing curveball after curveballs

Like this reveal was so, SO lame. They didn’t even bother trying to hide it with this girl. Like, the MC should be avoiding this girl like the plague now, but we all know he won’t.

Why would the author even bother with the the mystery girl premise if they’re not even going to attempt to keep the mystery?

gotta let him cook bro I believe in the author

Dex-chan lover
this manga is throwing curveball after curveballs

gotta let him cook bro I believe in the author
Bruh, this is only this author's second story (with their previous work being about volleyball), so it's not like they've got some stellar track record to 'believe' in. Besides, they aren't cooking anything right now, spoiling any possible mystery surrounding which girls are love-eaters as quickly as possible. @ysil69 is probably right, this story is just gonna devolve into a generic harem rom-com.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bruh, this is only this author's second story (with their previous work being about volleyball), so it's not like they've got some stellar track record to 'believe' in. Besides, they aren't cooking anything right now, spoiling any possible mystery surrounding which girls are love-eaters as quickly as possible. @ysil69 is probably right, this story is just gonna devolve into a generic harem rom-com.
If you want the spoiler for next chapter

you get a told you so. He knows she's a love eater, still goes on the date with her, and they give her some backstory to make you feel bad for her. The mystery portion is going to be gone quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread