Koiiji: Love Glutton - Vol. 10 Ch. 49 - The Notebook

Dex-chan lover
@Sakuratea
It’d be thematically on point. The cycle would continue, with him becoming the same as that d(octor)ilf and making a new Yume

Lol, feels like I'm the only one who kinda likes Souta? I mean yeah, the dating trial idea was a pretty dumb mistake but aside from that what did he do? He's been a loving husband to his wife and tries his best to be good dad which isn't easy in any way. And he never cheated on anyone which is more than I can say about all of Mame's other potential love interests (Kyou is trash, Kawada is trash and Shun is married to the absolutely adorable Chika, therefore he would be trash if he'd still be interested in Mame). I personally don't like Mame and Souta as a couple as well but he's really not a bad dude.

Mame should have just ended up with Kawada, just without this whole stepsister/pseudo ex-wife crap or dunno, just stay single? And Souta should have been allowed to quietly live his life, come to terms with the death of his wife, raise his daughter and take care of his cafe. Also cut out Yume as character. Completely. She not good. She bad.

While I love Mame drawing a line and saying I love you but even I won't wait forever, it still feels like she's unappreciated. While we can feel the sad love for Haru (and even Yume when Souta liked her), when the focus is on Mame it feels like less passionate interest because even now Souta is just beginning to notice her. We see so much of Souta's guilt toward Haru, but not so much of his guilt toward Mame for not taking her seriously for so long, and she's really just too sweet to call him out on him taking her for granted. Even when she leaves, we can see Yu pining after her more than Souta. Then again, as Haru said, he's alway avoided those feelings of Mame's. TBH, super annoying that he's so milktoast and never actually pushes her away or accepts her. It's realistic though, since he's always felt some type of guilt toward Mame whether due to Yume, Haru, or just himself.

While I can see how they have chemistry as kind and familiar friends, I wish there was more intimacy. That really gets lost when even the side characters are progressing further in their relationships. BUT, rather than a love story unfolding I would say this is the journey to the beginning of their actual love story developing as we reach the end of this manga lol

Users who are viewing this thread