Kojinsa Arimasu - Ch. 2 - Buying clothes

i know it ruins the point of the manga, but couldn't he just get a sex change operation to reverse it? take hormones? etc?

Aggregator gang
It seems like they are going to get closer to one another because of this, this will be fluff 😊

Dex-chan lover
@ComradeRoe In theory, yes, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) is a potential partial solution. However, how much it CAN help really depends on the individual. There would still be no going back to the way things were -- it can't add bone mass or change bone shape. While it can deepen a female voice and give facial hair, how dramatic the effect is can vary wildly. It can be anywhere between being a pretty much normal guy who's a touch on the short side to pretty much looking and sounding permanently like a late middleschool boy. (tangentially related sidenote: that a complete transformation allows for keeping your life change a secret is why the only permanently "visible" trans people are the ones who have not fully made it work. This can be due to either inexperience in crafting an image or just drawing a really unlucky hand genetically)

In any case, last I checked surgery isn't as viable for transmen because there's a LOT of nuances to a male's bits that I'm not sure medical science has managed to replicate. This actually is especially the case with human males whose genitals, unlike a lot of mammals, relies on a complex system of organic hydraulics to function.

ANYWAYS tl;dr -- it's technically an option for this couple, but it's not necessarily an easy one guaranteed to have satisfactory results. It's very much a risk/reward consideration and whether the unknown reward is worth the time and resources.
It's definitely worth it if Akira finds the idea of having to live as a woman soul-rendingly painful to think about that anything is better than living as-is. But it's hard to say that he'll think that, so far it seems like he's still in shock over everything. (and seems to be taking it in stride)

Given how mature this story is, it wouldn't shock me if they actually discuss the reality of all this.

Fed-Kun's army
Well an heterosexual man of 32 years, liked woman for 32 years. After a genderswap he could only be a lesbian no? I mean if this happen to a kid (like in Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made) still in a phase where they don't know what is love, they could be whatever they want. But If this happened to a full grown man who, for 32 years, always liked woman, I don't know if I could call this realistic if he start going with man.

But this is only me trying to empathize with the MC, me as a 33 years old heterosexual, I could never go for wee wee even after a genderswap.

Dex-chan lover
@Exia1987 I'm inclined to agree with you, though attraction is *very* complicated thing. A ground zero clash between hormones, emotions, idealism (or even delusion in some cases) and other things. All I have is anecdotal data of RL trans stuff as a result of HRT but I'm not sure how much that can apply to genderswap stories even a realistic one like this. Still I'll take a shot at it.

Generally speaking, in my experience, orientation does not change even if you completely replace hormones. What CAN change is the intensity of those attractions or the feels associated. Sometimes change of hormones can lead you to expressing bisexuality, though, if it "unleashes" something you've been unconsciously repressing. I've seen that happen from time to time -- someone who thought they were all about girls, them getting HRT and then suddenly awakening to an even stronger attraction to guys. With their attraction to women having a lot less intensity, but never really going away.

Ironically, with some, the loss of some of that intensity in turn caused them to become MORE into girls. I know that sounds contradictory but it's like they're less distracted by primal lusts that their romantic or more expressive lusts become more intense without the extra noise. Total dyed in the wool lesbian in thought and behavior. (I'm seeing a little bit of that very thing with this story, incidentally. And yeah if you think that'd be you then you're probably right.)

Fed-Kun's army
@sopu
>It seems like they are going to get closer to one another because of this, this will be fluff 😊

I'm generally turned off by yuri but I would love this to happen in this particular manga

Aggregator gang
I'm no fan of your either, but in this case is like to read because it seems like their relationship was falling apart and I hope they get stronger bond because of this @notos

Users who are viewing this thread