Kojinsa Arimasu - Ch. 5 - Menstruation

Group Leader
I took a break yesterday, so I decided to put more time into this chapter. Sorry for the delay!

Ah yay an update ^^ I hope they keep getting along well- either as a married couple or just girlfriends.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation! Such a bright and positive manga, but without being cloying or unrealistic.

Also, I'm calling it now -- the pharmacy girl wasn't born a girl. Just call it a strong hunch, plus the name "Mahiro".

Fed-Kun's army
Best end: The wife becomes a man
Best end 2: Yuri end with the wife
FBI End: With the pharmacy girl
Homewrecker end: Senpai end

Dex-chan lover
She is becoming more and more feminine... Question is: how people will react into that?
Is she going to see men differently? Is she still feel "love" towards her wife? Or to other girls? Senpai will be attracted to her? Her reaction, seeing the she is going feminine, will be bad? Will be good?
How the wife will react too? Is she going to fall in love with her new "husband"? Or she will go to other ways? It got me curious, so I will follow...
And kudos to the mangaka, really good drawings

Dex-chan lover
TBH I'm anti-senpai as well but not because I'm a huge yuri fan. While this manga is great, that subplot feels extremely forced. Like, I'm not against straight pairings or even love triangles. Some of my favorite gender bender couples are het even.
But it really stands out in an otherwise strikingly realistic manga that there's a romantic tension subplot as artificial as a Sakeru Gummy commercial's. ("Long Long Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!")

wait, am i the only one who doesnt mind if she ends up with the senpai?

The cashier is the same as from the first chapter right? Did she immediately recognise Akira and thus didn't question why a 32 year old woman didn't know anything about period products?

Dex-chan lover
I don't "mind" it exactly, so much that I think it's being done in an extremely clumsy way. And I'd have preferred they not even try this attempt at artificial conflict if they couldn't do it right. It wouldn't be a big deal except that it stands out a LOT in a manga that's otherwise superbly written thus far. It's like ordering a delicious crabmeat linguine with organic garlic and basil, but for some reason the cook insisted on topping it with slimy preserved sardines straight out of a can.

My biggest issue is that the senpai isn't being sold to the reader at all. What's his virtues? That he's "dependable" ? That he's literally not a molestor and doesn't put up with them in his presence? That isn't exactly a high bar to clear. Giving a character a dramatic scene showing off their entry-level chivalry only works if it's an actual character. I don't even remember if we've even been given his name. (and even if we have, it's not a great sign that none of us seem to remember it)

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!!! This is a unique one!! I have a lot of questions regarding the manga but I would hold it off for now (for maybe in the future it will be answered with other chapters)

But damnnn I just want to ask a lot of questions... I mean if it's a real thing and happen in real life, I would like to interview the people that have gone with this "isomerization" (not the chemistry one)... And well I won't be as far as doing research lab on them... But I would like to have QnA like for real how does it feel... I mean you're on the verge of dying and at the blink of an eye you became the opposite gender... Aren't that already make you curious... It's so "magical" that I swear it wouldn't even happen in real life....

Edit: Owhhhh after reading the other comments I saw @Karmichel comment and he/she is somewhat asking some of the questions I want to ask too... (・▽・)

Users who are viewing this thread