Kokohore Boketsu-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - 9th Dig

Dex-chan lover
@toshiNARI

@CoolerThanFrieza Thanks for catching that; I actually misread what he was saying (the text is so damn small and blurry in that speech bubble). I believe he was actually saying the watch she had on wasn't the type that men wore, or that it was a fake. Fixed it. Either way, the watch threw him off.

About the watch:

Like CtF caught, page 3 shows a watch on her right wrist, facing outwards. Having a watch on your right arm when you seem to be right-handed is slightly unusual, but it could be a personal habit and is probably not the clue.

But the gesture on page 8 (when he's explaining his conclusion) shows him waving his left wrist around, seemingly implying that she had been looking for the time on the wrong arm - and also for a watch facing inwards. And watches facing inwards are usually small jewelry watches mainly worn by women.

Maybe not a super large sign, but as he said - if you notice someone checking the wrong arm for their watch, you'll get in a mood of 'so what's all this then' and that might lead you to connect clues you'd otherwise overlook.

tl/dr He probably says she (at least once) tried to check the time on the wrist (hand) without a watch on it.

Group Leader
@Simpleton outstanding move. I learned something new today. That perfectly explains and combines the two possible translations to what he said. However, I am going to keep the chapter as is considering how my second translation had it pretty close and gets the point across that Hakamori is sharp and noticed how Tendou behaved around the watch. Thanks for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread