Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 391 - Kawai-san 3

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I think Rumiko would been great as the only love rival. It felt more personal than Kawai and had me totally invested and made me cry. With Kawai, I rolled my eyes more often than not.

It would be so simple:
1)Kawai-chan rejected Tadano
2)Kawai falls for Tadano because he is a chad rn.
3)Sees him happy with Komi
4) Regrets breaking his heart.
I generally dislike love rivals completely because they either end up being annoying as hell or they make them really good characters and then I just get sad reading the chapters leading up to them getting turned down because I feel bad for them even though I totally want the main couple to get together. So in Rumiko's case it was really painful for me because they made her such a likable character.

Kawai on the other hand just annoyed me, if they made her Komi's rival in any other way it would have been a great way to introduce a new character with this school rivalry storyline. But instead they opted for a sudden love rival with an a**pull reason to be in love and even worse, used the absolutely insane "I challenge you, and if you lose you have to break up" trope, and as always with this trope one of the people has no actual romantic connection to the love interest at all, and said love interest gets side lined for the story.

It's a damn school trip story, why the hell would you not use it for actual good progress for the couple, and if not progress at least for a whole bunch of fluffy romance scenes...

Dex-chan lover
I generally dislike love rivals completely because they either end up being annoying as hell or they make them really good characters and then I just get sad reading the chapters leading up to them getting turned down because I feel bad for them even though I totally want the main couple to get together. So in Rumiko's case it was really painful for me because they made her such a likable character.
I know! I am still conflicted that Tadano chose Komi because of hiw good Rumiko was
Kawai on the other hand just annoyed me, if they made her Komi's rival in any other way it would have been a great way to introduce a new character with this school rivalry storyline. But instead they opted for a sudden love rival with an a**pull reason to be in love and even worse, used the absolutely insane "I challenge you, and if you lose you have to break up" trope, and as always with this trope one of the people has no actual romantic connection to the love interest at all, and said love interest gets side lined for the story.
If Kawai-chan came before they became a couple yes,but after it,it is just pointless as hell.
It's a damn school trip story, why the hell would you not use it for actual good progress for the couple, and if not progress at least for a whole bunch of fluffy romance scenes...
LIKE CAN THEY FINALLY SMOOCH?

Dex-chan lover
e
You mean it felt like he left Kawai mysteriously out of the story except for Tadano's backstory where she was vaguely mentioned and then suddenly remembers she exists and proceeds to use her again after half of the viewers forgot she existed?
exactly, seems something Aragi would do

Users who are viewing this thread