Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 17 Ch. 226 - Someone like me

7b9.jpg

See, this is why love triangles like this should just end with them all dating each other, happily ever after. They each have something they like about the other person in this triangle, just give polyamory a chance! Gah!!

I'm tragically enjoying Manbagi's character arc in "liking Todano". It's remarkably tear-jerking; albeit by drawing from the "I torture your Moe!" school of storytelling, but still. It does so in a why that is true to life. Life sucks some times! And sometimes that's the story that needs told. It's typical when you're high school age to build up a relationship in your mind between someone who doesn't even realize your interest. It's my head-canon that the author intended for Manbagi to fit this trope and later have her realizing it (which is what we're seeing in these last few chapters). I think that's why these characters resonant with me, because they are real. On the surface, these extreme personalities seem to be nothing more than a combination of character archetypes but when you did a little deeper you find an individual. And isn't that how we all were in high school?

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Based Chadano

Komi: Manbagi, it's not your fault
Manbagi: What...
Komi: It's not your fault
Manbagi: I know...
Manbagi: I already know.
Komi: No, Manbagi, Manbagi... it's not your fault
Manbagi: Don't do this to me, Komi-san
Manbagi: Screw you, Komi-san
Manbagi: *Crying* Why is so hard?

Fed-Kun's army
@_Lugh The last time I read QC was like 4 years ago and I remember Bubbles so she isnt really a new character

Aggregator gang
@shewy92
True, she isn't new anymore, but I was more saying, if you start from pg 1, it's gonna be a while till you see her

Users who are viewing this thread