Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 17 Ch. 234 - The Afterparty

Apparently people have to stop seeing a sexual side in everything. Cannot separate friendship from romance.

Double-page supporter
Are people seriously unironically wishing for a harem or yuri ending?

Harem endings are lazy ways to end the romantic conflict. Does it stop the issue without anybody getting hurt? Yes. And that’s boring. I want heartbreak. I want to cry alongside the one who didn’t get the guy. I want to feel happy and sad, not disappointed that the author half-assed the ending.

And a yuri ending? Seriously? Two girls can be best friends without being romantically involved. And remind me what this arc was all about.

@bluethings
-They’re friends
-I’ve never read that
-My favorite ship is straight

Well this is becoming boring and has been since the triangle love bullshit. This should be back about Komi doing cute things and that's all.

just... fatigue from all the talking, i kinda want to move on to whatever's the afterparty, like the karaoke again.

@iamthinking2202 as far as I am aware, Japanese doesn't have gendered pronouns like he/she. So any time Najimi is referred to as he or she, it's a case of lost in translation.

@LegionGuy49
Harem endings are lazy ways to end the romantic conflict.

Agreed, but polyamorous endings aren't. With a harem, all the members are just kind of magically willing to share the MC because they just lurve them so much. With a poly relationship, you have to explain why everyone is willing to share. Is it because they've got other partners outside the relationship? Is it because they're as interested in each other as they are in the MC? Is it because they need a lot of alone time? Is it because they don't believe they're capable or deserving of getting a partner all to themselves?

If you're into stories with conflict and angst, poly relationships offer just as much drama fuel as monogamous ones. More, usually.

Two girls can be best friends without being romantically involved.

Well, sure; so can a girl and a boy. Komi and Tadano have been that way for the entire manga. But readers still got excited whenever a hint dropped that they might be romantically interested in each other, so why wouldn't we get excited for Komi+Manbagi or Tadano+Katai possibilities?

I mean, "Maybe they're just friends but MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING MORE" is like the #1 theme in romance mangas.

Aggregator gang
Komi-san talking so often, and speaking so WELL, is just the weirdest sweetest double-edged sword. Our Komi-san is growing up... I wanted progress but it feels like the end of an era. What a great manga.

@squerl
Because this entire manga started off as a budding romance between Tadano and Komi. There have been entire arcs dedicated to their ever blooming relationship, most of which had very serous moments between the two. In contrast every single scene with Tadano and Kitai is just goofy comic relief and there has been absolutely zero indication of Komi and Manbagi being or wanting to be anything more than friends. They're both entirely straight and have never been otherwise.

If you want yuri or yaoi go read series with that stuff as a basis, stop trying so hard to project something that doesn't exist in a romcom like Komi.

Dex-chan lover
The fuck ? Yeah i think a yuri end is the only true ending we all want now.

Sigh it feels like the romance will barely start to try and make progress from here.

Seeing Komi talk so much this past chapters has been kind of strange lol but i like it! Hope she keeps that up.

That bunny girl truly is a hero new president sucks fat ass.

Dex-chan lover
@squerl Show me a polyamorous relationship and I'll show you a bunch of needy and miserable orbiters desperate for a slice of a pie so much that they will take crumbs, and a manipulative pie cruelly enabling that behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread