Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

Dex-chan lover
A beautiful black-haired girl has psycho-social problems and needs to be saved by the MC.
The synopsis for this story reads like it retroactively became the template for every lazy, boring, trope-filled romantic drama manga ever created.
What do mangaka have against writing black-haired girls who are just, you know, normal?
They have no problem writing other characters as normal people, but somehow they can't but write black-haired girls with some psycho-social disability.

Read a few random chapters and yep, this is exactly as moronic as I expected it to be.

You know that black hair is just a normal hair color in Japan, right? The majority of manga with a plot like this will have females with black hair because that is a normal hair color. I've read perfectly normal romance manga with females that have black hair, too. Additionally, I've read manga like this with brunette protagonists. I've even read one with blonde hair, which you could argue is generally associated with an outgoing personality. I'm pretty sure I've seen your comments before and you have some serious confirmation bias.

Aggregator gang
@Pachka84: What does black hair have to do with anything? The only reason people have different colored hair in manga is to set them apart from the other characters, otherwise everyone would look like a cookie-cutter character. Black hair is also the traditional preference for the Japanese to set them apart from the mob characters in manga as well (though that depends on the mangaka, naturally). I'm with everyone else: You seem to have a physical bias and didn't actually read, did you?

Dex-chan lover
What do mangaka have against writing black-haired girls who are just, you know, normal?
You mean plain? Well, for this particular manga, every character has some sort of quirk/"disorder", including the other black-haired characters (plenty of them, and I don't think Tadano is normal either). "Normal" black-haired characters aren't actually interesting unless you're looking for a self-insert.

The synopsis for this story reads like it retroactively became the template for every lazy, boring, trope-filled romantic drama manga ever created.
I agree that the synopsis isn't very good, but at least it doesn't spoil anything; a lot of things happen. The manga really does play on tropes, even subverting them a little (e.g. Najimi). If you're looking for some super-unique plot for a manga with a "Slice of Life" tag, then this isn't for you.

Read a few random chapters and yep, this is exactly as moronic as I expected it to be.
That doesn't give it justice. All the other characters (including male ones) are just as adorable as the protagonists. It's not even a romantic drama... or maybe comedy manga isn't really your thing? Then again, there are so many characters, so you'd have to be pretty invested in the series already to like any of it.

Contributor
I just read chap 178, and when I reloaded *poof* 'This chapter has been deleted'
Why was the chapter deleted?

Double-page supporter
Say, is there actual romance in this? As in the main characters get together as a couple?
Or is just the forever "I like her/him but too scared to tell" trope until the very end of the story?

Fed-Kun's army
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN That's a cute crossover.
Also, someone said this one is also crossover, but someone else said it was an edited. Which manga is this originally?
1868750_20190115104607.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread