Konaide Kounotori - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Woman Who Doesn't Want to Have Children

Power Uploader
it's time we stop treating women as baby making machines
very true.
sending love to every woman out there who doesn't want to have children and is pressured to by society/receives misogynistic comments and treatment because of it. to those women, you are never bad or wrong because of your choice, and you never have to change for anyone. ❤️

Dex-chan lover
she must have some mental condition, considering things are just coming left and right here. Her husband mentions it in passing once, then the next day acts as if it has been a longstanding topic between them. And the third or fourth day prepared divorce papers as he has somehow come to the conclusion she has made a decision? All this despite how to her it's "just a topic that never came up before between them". Her sense of time is out of whack. And the mother-in-law showing up and saying that kind of stuff before just zooming away? Clearly a hallucination, people don't act that way.

And somehow he had a kid with another woman which she found out just before this convo? But it's never addressed again? Wonder which of the ppl the divorce-papers are for tho.
Then she simply asked her husband about the papers and explained to him she's feeling pressured by him and his mother in law, they came to an understanding and the series was over in two chapters.

(kappa)
she prolly wasn't meant to see the papers. But yes, they should take the time to talk about it, and if they don't want the same things but put value into it, they should indeed divorce. If she is "feeling pressured" into having kids because of some "ultimatum" that they'll divorce otherwise, then the answer is that they should divorce. Because if fiction taught me anything, it is that this is not the kind of thing you should want to have hanging over your relationship and blaming your kids for, that they made the kid under "blackmail".

No, if he wants a kid or divorce, and she doesn't want a kid, then divorce is the right answer. And it is probably why he never told her of those papers but prepared them for when she says no - to ensure she doesn't say 'yes' to avoid some "consequence".

Wow, that's one (lame) freudian excuse. So what you if have a "traumatic" past that "caused" you to fear childbirth (or having children really). Why did you never talk about it before marrying your husband? Do yourself a favor and divorce your husband asap. He will regain his freedom to go and marry someone who will have children with him, while you can go and mope about your traumatic past on your own.

Last edited:
I agree with the commenters that say that if you want to be childfree, you HAVE to discuss it with your partner before marriage. Eri here didn't, "a topic that never was brought up", is not enough to assume that he never wants kids.

Also, for commenters citing the biological clock, it's NOT real. Academically it has been disproven already. If a lady doesn't want to have children, for whatever reason, then she should be able to choose not to have kids. What's not okay is lopping in a 2nd party who does want kids and taking away that option from them. The only solution here is divorce. Children are a non-negotiatable for both the person who wants to be childfree and the person who wants kids.

Contributor
Wow, that's one (lame) freudian excuse. So what you if have a "traumatic" past that "caused" you to fear childbirth (or having children really). Why did you never talk about it before marrying your husband? Do yourself a favor and divorce your husband asap. He will regain his freedom to go and marry someone who will have children with him, while you can go and mope about your traumatic past on your own.
You do know pregnancy often wrecks a woman's body right? In the best of cases you can hope for something minor only. These are some of the changes a woman can expect that might show up, I can guarantee that breast changes are a given so it's more like 2+ of those can be expected. That being said, this does not include the self-esteem and depression issues many woman experience along with the fact that these are probably not all of them just the most talked about.1697927784878.png

You do know pregnancy often wrecks a woman's body right? In the best of cases you can hope for something minor only. These are some of the changes a woman can expect that might show up, I can guarantee that breast changes are a given so it's more like 2+ of those can be expected. That being said, this does not include the self-esteem and depression issues many woman experience along with the fact that these are probably not all of them just the most talked about.View attachment 197
Except her reasoning was lame. I know many women who don't want to have children, but none of them have freudian excuse like Eri does. Not to mention she never reveal it to her husband either (and did not even bother to discuss with him about not wanting any children pre-marriage). You can try to lecture me all you want, but others agreed that she is at fault here.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, it's pretty ridiculous. I have a friend who's father and two brothers died in a car crash and he isn't scared of riding a car. Talk to the husband. Find a way. Overcome her trauma. Don't marry a man that wants to have a baby. It's quite literally our biological purpose and drive. Fuck sake she never even told the husband about her mum dying during childbirth causing this trauma? Not even once before marriage? Very contrived ngl
What does your hypothetical friend's family members dying in a car crash have to do with the MC losing her mother and sister via childbirth? you know different things affect different people right??

"literally our biological purpose and drive" like ok, give birth to everyone's kids then? very sad you have such a hateful and backwards view on women.

Fed-Kun's army
a lot of misogynists came out their lukewarm options hole in this comment section, smh.
like obvs they both should had this conversation with each other but you know traumas a bitch.

Dex-chan lover
What does your hypothetical friend's family members dying in a car crash have to do with the MC losing her mother and sister via childbirth? you know different things affect different people right??

"literally our biological purpose and drive" like ok, give birth to everyone's kids then? very sad you have such a hateful and backwards view on women.
It shows that her trauma is ridiculous and not talking about it with her husband is dumb.

Are you mentally challenged? Genuinely asking. "Hateful and backwards view" do you actually believe that? You think talking to your potential partner for life that you doesn't want to have kids is hateful and backwards?

idk if it is bc im from a younger generation but these kinda situations piss me off cuz wouldnt it be common sense to discuss these topics before even thinking about getting married? but i guess this is sort of a privilege on itself. also, i see people claim Eri is in the wrong (which she is) but the husband is as much at fault as she is, seems sweet to her but still an internalized misogyny kinda guy who assumed she'd want the same thing he did. anywho, something like this should 100% lead to divorce in the best interest of both parties so yasssss cuz we need more divorce manga

Users who are viewing this thread