Konbini de Kimi to no 5-funkan - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

So the translation of the Mochiko packaging on the credits page, where it says made with mochi, should actually read "mochigome" which is the type of rice used when making mochi. It’s usually referred to as sweet rice (or glutinous rice though it doesn’t contain gluten). You can also call it mochi rice.

It’s most likely intended to be some sort of kakimochi (crunchy mochi… https://japan-word.com/kakimochi) sandwich with a soft filling. Definitely a more traditional, refined snack 🧐

Last edited:
Group Leader
So the translation of the Mochiko is a bit off. It’s not made with mochi, but "mochi gome" which is the type of rice used when making mochi. It’s usually referred to as sweet rice (or glutinous rice though it doesn’t contain gluten). You can also call it mochi rice.

It’s most likely intended to be some sort of kakimochi (crunchy mochi… https://japan-word.com/kakimochi) sandwich with a soft filling. Definitely a more traditional, refined snack 🧐
I would have absolutely loved if you mentioned in your comment that you're talking about the NOTE page and not chapter itself. Would make it less confusing and more true.
Just in case, it's not something from original manga, it's something I make on my own. :) Yes, it seems I made a blunder there, the snack package clearly says "made with mochi gome", so the translation of Mochiko is not off, it's the translation of the words on the snack's package is off.

I would have absolutely loved if you mentioned in your comment that you're talking about the NOTE page and not chapter itself. Would make it less confusing and more true.
Just in case, it's not something from original manga, it's something I make on my own. :) Yes, it seems I made a blunder there, the snack package clearly says "made with mochi gome", so the translation of Mochiko is not off, it's the translation of the words on the snack's package is off.
Edited so it's clearer for future perusers 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread