Konbini Goutou kara Tasuketa Jimi Tenin ga, Onaji Kurasu no Ubu de Kawaii Gyaru datta

i'm fine insulting rent a girlfriend
I'm not going to debate here (nor I am a fan of the series), but in the (half) defense for rent a girlfriend, at least it have a "clear" (yes, I know, it's convoluted and "stuck" as hell) plot. Just saying .

It’s like someone forced an AI to watch nothing but shitty K-Dramas and then told it to write a manga.

Edit: how the FUCK does this have 4.5 stars!?

Had such a good start then just shitty "surprise twist" after another. M Night Shamalan type shit

Supporter
Can someone spoil me why this manga got such low score?
I read this on a spanish manga aggregator so it may be false but apparently the manga crammed 3 volumes of the LN in 15 chapters, so the ""story"" is all over the place. There is absolutely no room for romance to grow and therefore every romantic interaction with ML is forced.

Full story spoilers:

ML plans to kill himself after being rejected by childhood friend (let's call her FL1) on that same day, he steps into a convenience store where there's a robbery happening and while trying to get himself killed he manages to scare the criminal away. The cashier (FL2) sees him as a hero and asks to protect her from a stalker by living with her for a while.

Cohabitation stuff happens and they grow close to the point of both realizing they've fallen in love for each other. Meantime FM1 reflects on their relationship (and after watching ML with FM2 on a "date") and realizes she's in love with him and tries. ML confused says he wants to be with FL2, however FL1 knows something disturbing about her...

Somewhere during this clusterfuck it's revealed that FM2 and her parents were on the car that killed his parents, FM2 feels guilty because she caused the accident bu dropping a can of soda which got stuck behind the brake pedal, she also has amnesia and she remembers that both his parents hanged themselves after the accident (she saw the hanged bodies) has a breakdown and another amnesia episode occurs. Some time after (weeks?) she gradually gets her memory back, falls in love with ML again and after another breakdown they plan to live happily (and mentally unstable) ever after, only for ML to have a breakdown of his own and forget everybody but FL1! (oh, there's a friend of FL2 that falls in love with him as well).

At this point I turned off my brain (in part due to the AWFUL translation I read) but in summary
FL2 leaves town to "help" ML recover, they meet on the street and after an unspecified time get married.

Dex-chan lover
I read this on a spanish manga aggregator so it may be false but apparently the manga crammed 3 volumes of the LN in 15 chapters, so the ""story"" is all over the place. There is absolutely no room for romance to grow and therefore every romantic interaction with ML is forced.

Full story spoilers:

ML plans to kill himself after being rejected by childhood friend (let's call her FL1) on that same day, he steps into a convenience store where there's a robbery happening and while trying to get himself killed he manages to scare the criminal away. The cashier (FL2) sees him as a hero and asks to protect her from a stalker by living with her for a while.

Cohabitation stuff happens and they grow close to the point of both realizing they've fallen in love for each other. Meantime FM1 reflects on their relationship (and after watching ML with FM2 on a "date") and realizes she's in love with him and tries. ML confused says he wants to be with FL2, however FL1 knows something disturbing about her...

Somewhere during this clusterfuck it's revealed that FM2 and her parents were on the car that killed his parents, FM2 feels guilty because she caused the accident bu dropping a can of soda which got stuck behind the brake pedal, she also has amnesia and she remembers that both his parents hanged themselves after the accident (she saw the hanged bodies) has a breakdown and another amnesia episode occurs. Some time after (weeks?) she gradually gets her memory back, falls in love with ML again and after another breakdown they plan to live happily (and mentally unstable) ever after, only for ML to have a breakdown of his own and forget everybody but FL1! (oh, there's a friend of FL2 that falls in love with him as well).

At this point I turned off my brain (in part due to the AWFUL translation I read) but in summary
FL2 leaves town to "help" ML recover, they meet on the street and after an unspecified time get married.
what kind of goofy ass soap opera drama is this bruh and they even managed to cramp all of this story into 15 chapters only?, thats wild.
Thank you so much for taking your time sharing this tho. in another note do you have any recommendation for any drama/romance/slice of life manga that is also have a short amount of Chapter? i was trying to save this manga since its only 15 Chapters but now... yeah... need to find another

Supporter
what kind of goofy ass soap opera drama is this bruh and they even managed to cramp all of this story into 15 chapters only?, thats wild.
Thank you so much for taking your time sharing this tho. in another note do you have any recommendation for any drama/romance/slice of life manga that is also have a short amount of Chapter? i was trying to save this manga since its only 15 Chapters but now... yeah... need to find another
what's worse of all is that each character had acted differently almost constantly, it was all over the place.

anyway, from what i remember i liked these and most of them are short, nearly all are romcoms

Rental Girlfriend Tsukita-san (rent a girlfriend but made by a more competent mangaka)
Chicchai Senpai ga Kawaisugiru (smol coworker senpai, it has two short sequels)
I Sold my Life for 10000 yen per Year (tragic ending but it's amazing)
Kukakura-san to boku (i guess it's similar to Kubo-san won't let me invisible)
Nega-kun and Posi-chan (somewhat lacking in regards of romance but the first two volumes were great)
Kimi to Picopico (longer but I liked the interaction between both leads a lot, also what's not to love about a gamer gyaru!)
Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo (YOU WILL READ THE ENTIRE MANGA AS IF THEY WERE SHOUTING)

Aggregator gang

Full story spoilers:

Why did thia manga get the SV tag though? I dont recall such a thing happening

I'm not going to debate here (nor I am a fan of the series), but in the (half) defense for rent a girlfriend, at least it have a "clear" (yes, I know, it's convoluted and "stuck" as hell) plot. Just saying .
Rent-a-girlfriend sucks because the author just goes in circles and never actually goes anywhere (purposefully). At least it has SOME good parts (movie arc was genuinely good shit). It's a series you start and love to hate because of how shitty the MC is, but hope to see him grow, only for the rollercoaster to never stop going up and down. An edited cut down version could actually be half decent.

This series has no hope.

Dex-chan lover
what's worse of all is that each character had acted differently almost constantly, it was all over the place.

anyway, from what i remember i liked these and most of them are short, nearly all are romcoms

Rental Girlfriend Tsukita-san (rent a girlfriend but made by a more competent mangaka)
Chicchai Senpai ga Kawaisugiru (smol coworker senpai, it has two short sequels)
I Sold my Life for 10000 yen per Year (tragic ending but it's amazing)
Kukakura-san to boku (i guess it's similar to Kubo-san won't let me invisible)
Nega-kun and Posi-chan (somewhat lacking in regards of romance but the first two volumes were great)
Kimi to Picopico (longer but I liked the interaction between both leads a lot, also what's not to love about a gamer gyaru!)
Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo (YOU WILL READ THE ENTIRE MANGA AS IF THEY WERE SHOUTING)
Just seeing you recommended I Sold my Life i already know ure giving me some bangers. ive read the Picopico for a bit and its quite cute i enjoy it. Thanks again for the recommendation tho

Users who are viewing this thread