Kono Kaisha ni Suki na Hito ga Imasu - Vol. 9 Ch. 83 - What I Can Do

Group Leader
We’re really happy to let you all know that this series has finally been licensed in English digitally by Kodansha under the title “I Have a Crush at Work”!
This will be a digital only title, with the first volume releasing in a few days on February 13th.
Please support the official releases if you can!

As for us, we keep on working as usual. See you all in two weeks for chapter 84!

Official Kodansha Announcement | Buying the digital Volumes

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
gotta love YuI being loyal to her friend, even if on detriment of her work. Good thing her boss helped her see how to best help her friend whilst still doing her job properly.

I’ve already got the licensed volume on preorder! Looking forward to it along with your continued updates! Thanks for the post.

Dex-chan lover
“It’s been licensed!” Oh, cool!
“It’s digital only!” Uh oh
“Well keep doing it too” oh thank heavens xD

Ever since Slime Tensei got licensed, and made us wait 12+ months (IF it comes out on time) for a new chapter, seeing new series get licensed always makes me nervous lol

Contributor
The official title misses the point methinks, but what can you do?
To be fair, “Can You Keep A Secret?” is a little vague of a manga title. I can get why Kodansha would change it, even if I’m not a fan.

Contributor
“It’s been licensed!” Oh, cool!
“It’s digital only!” Uh oh
“Well keep doing it too” oh thank heavens xD

Ever since Slime Tensei got licensed, and made us wait 12+ months (IF it comes out on time) for a new chapter, seeing new series get licensed always makes me nervous lol
to be fair, the problem was that Slime Tensei got simulpublished. It’s harder to justify scanslation when the publisher releases it the day it comes out in Japan, even if it is on an app that is only available in like two countries and requires you to pay up to read it. ~~in an ideal world K Manga would operate like Manga Plus and nobody would have an issue, but here we are~~

On the other hand, this manga has been completed for a while now. Even with Kodansha releasing volumes, it’ll take them a while to catch up. So there’s still a demand for scanslation.

"Can You Keep a Secret" is not the title, it's the Japanese subtitle. A pretty literal translation of the actual title is "There is a Person I Like in My Company".
It’s kinda funny how frequently people go “oh this new translation is bad they’re not even being faithful to the original” and then you look at it and go “wait it’s literally just the original”

Group Leader
It’s kinda funny how frequently people go “oh this new translation is bad they’re not even being faithful to the original” and then you look at it and go “wait it’s literally just the original”
Yeah, it's a big part of the reason why I avoid fan-TL titles as much as I can and stick to the romaji until an official TL comes in.
Not helped by mangakas adding English subtitles to their work all the time that are nowhere close to the actual title. Good recent example is Ane no Yuujin/Ane no Tomodachi which has the English subtitle "The Cutest Girl Closest to Me" but the title is simply "My Sister's Friend".

Dex-chan lover
Adjusting to her role properly. That can take quite a long time. You can often learn enough to do your job within weeks or days, depending on job, but to get into it completely can take a year.

This is one manga where those foodie descriptions is actually appropriate.

gotta love YuI being loyal to her friend, even if on detriment of her work. Good thing her boss helped her see how to best help her friend whilst still doing her job properly.
Yeah, it's a good thing to be excited about your work, but you also have to make sure to do your actual work, and not stuff that won't doesn't help or stepping on other people's toes.

A pretty literal translation of the actual title is "There is a Person I Like in My Company".
I don't like that title either. Mostly because the manga has two main characters, not one, so it feels off. I mean, it would apply to both of them, but I like the "secret" title better.

Yeah, people often don't know what the original is. Reminds me of a meme in Genshin Impact about people playing with the "original Japanese language". Game's Chinese. Or how to translated the names in The Apothecary Diaries, which has Chinese names that are inconsistently using Chinese and Japanese readings (as if translating names wasn't hard enough as it is).

Yeah, it's a big part of the reason why I avoid fan-TL titles as much as I can and stick to the romaji until an official TL comes in.
Not helped by mangakas adding English subtitles to their work all the time that are nowhere close to the actual title. Good recent example is Ane no Yuujin/Ane no Tomodachi which has the English subtitle "The Cutest Girl Closest to Me" but the title is simply "My Sister's Friend".
I find that subtitles can make for good titles, and they aren't exactly wrong either. And I always prefer a title in the language it's translated to.

Aggregator gang
I work in the fashion industry and we have high expectations. Despite her boss being right, I think she's still a bit of a d*ck in the way she words things. In a high-level professional setting, you don't take crap like that. You admit mistakes, but you also should be afforded politeness if it's your first offense or you're new.

Dex-chan lover
I'm honestly surprised Japan doesn't have people going postal or at the very least throwing a computer or chair before they quit

Anyways i feel bad for her I was in the middle of work when I found out my dad had a heart attack when I clocked out for a minute to refill my 5 gallon water jug at my house since I lived right next to my work and my mom told me he had a heart attack and we got a ride to the hospital then my boss mocked me the next day and I considered slashing his tires and burning the place down.

Users who are viewing this thread