Kono Koi wo Hoshi ni wa Negawanai - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - Discommunication

Dex-chan lover
Yes, I follow what is in the raw. If I use 'miscommunication' I think the meaning is a little different. Discommunication is like coined word meaning there's no communication happening.

Discommunication is a real word, but it's a specialized social studies term meaning a deliberate move to pervert an attempt to communicate by actively refusing to internalize the information being communicated. It isn't normally used outside academia, but Japanese popular culture picked up this term because it's a very common happening in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
I wish Fuyu just end up with Kurokawa-senpai. Eri-san just sucks and an idiot for not thinking Fuyu might saw them having sex in her room on her birthday. Hope end up Kyo-san they both suit for each other anyway, so if she ends up realizing she's really not into him, it's her problem to be late with Fuyuki.

Ahh thank you for the translation! I'm loving this manga so much.

Anyone has recommendations of others with a similar premise? Girl Friends is the only one I can think of that is somewhat like this one.

Dex-chan lover
Eri is fascinating to me. Is obvious to all of us that she’s been madly in love with Fuyuki for a long time now, but somehow she never realizes this.

Is it a severe case of comphet? Does she have some sort of neurological condition that’s blocking her from parsing her own emotions? Is she just paralyzed by the fear of losing her most cherished relationship? I honestly can’t tell…

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the TL!

We have to remember that Eri and Fuyu were childhood friends before Fuyu developed romantic feelings for Eri. Fuyu also only came out recently.

In Eri's perspective her best friend whom she's very close to suddenly became distant after she got a girlfriend. It's understandable that she'll see that as a cause instead of jumping to the conclusion that Fuyu is attracted to her. Their closeness as best friends could also blind Eri to her own potential romantic feelings to Fuyu.

Dex-chan lover
I noticed that the I think it was script was titles "the summer you were with me" is this a reference to another Yuri title ? (The summer you were there)

Dex-chan lover
I still love how this manga hurts me with every new chapter.
Thanks for the update!

Contributor
Discommunication is a real word, but it's a specialized social studies term meaning a deliberate move to pervert an attempt to communicate by actively refusing to internalize the information being communicated. It isn't normally used outside academia, but Japanese popular culture picked up this term because it's a very common happening in Japan.
No wonder why I couldn't find it, it's not even in the Concise Oxford English. I found these two articles (1 and 2) and as far as I've read (including other references) it was invented by a Japanese called Tsurumi and in fact there are more articles in Japanese than in English regarding this word.

Double-page supporter
At this point, I rather Fuyuki would end up with senpai

Dex-chan lover
I want to ask, on page 31 there is a script that is slightly visible. Can you guys read it tho?

Contributor
I want to ask, on page 31 there is a script that is slightly visible. Can you guys read it tho?
I missed this message, I can read it, but it's not worth editing it. It has low definition to indicate that even natives would skip it.

Users who are viewing this thread