Kono Oto Tomare! - Ch. 134 - Tomfoolery

Double-page supporter
Color me a fool, I thought things would keep boiling under the surface, but they ended up having a powwow and working out their feelings. At this point, it would be difficult to justify our mcs coming through with the w, but without that I don’t really know how their performance will carry any narrative weight. I’m guessing there will be a confrontation with Chika’s dad as some sort of symbol of all the people who mischaracterized him for the way he looks and their performance will be a way to prove the haters wrong more than trying to win. Idk, but we’re probably in for another year or more of publication, which will be fun.

You know... I wouldn't mind at all if the MCs lost to this group. I mean, yeah, they worked hard, but so did everyone else. Everyone practiced till their fingers practically bled. And sometimes you try your hardest and still lose. They don't need to win to have their story completed. Have something else, something a little less cliche, be the ending. The real koto was the friendships we made along the way, that kinda thing.
This I agree with. This manga is one of the few that I don't mind having our MCs lose to their rivals. Literally everyone in this competition works EXTREMELY HARD, not just Tokise. Everyone practiced their butt off, they devote their entire beings into koto, so whoever ends up winning, Tokise or not, I'll be perfectly satisfied with it.

I spend about 15 seconds reading these triple chapters release. I dont get why trying to make this go so slow, and introduce new characters + long backstory, this late into the story and expect people to really care.

I ain't reading these filler chapters, but happy for them, or sorry that happened.

Last edited:
I spend about 15 seconds reading these triple chapters release. I dont get why trying to make this go so slow, and introduce new chatracters + long backstory, this late into the story and expect people to really care.

I ain't reading these filler chapters, but happy for them, or sorry that happened.
I gotta disagree. I really enjoy the backstories. It really shows how there isn't a single villain or hero. They're all the heros of their own stories.

It's still a bit of a drag and I feel like the author is using superlatives a bit much, unless he plans on having this school win in the end.
Uhh, you do know that the author is a woman right?

I gotta disagree. I really enjoy the backstories. It really shows how there isn't a single villain or hero. They're all the heros of their own stories.
yh, sure. MCs with 120+ chapters, really comparable with these nobodies on a 3-chapter backstory :ROFLMAO:

I spend about 15 seconds reading these triple chapters release. I dont get why trying to make this go so slow, and introduce new chatracters + long backstory, this late into the story and expect people to really care.

when the character writing is one of the strongest points in this series, skipping over these ones just cause they're not the MCs is just missing out on shit that makes this story good

Users who are viewing this thread