Kono Oto Tomare! - Vol. 18 Ch. 70 - i

? amazing chapter as always! can't wait tobsee he camp and see more development for Natsu.

@kaarme I’m not a music aficionado by any means, but I agree with purplelibraryguy that hearing the music IRL can be a disappointing when they build it up so much. Its not that I actually hear the music as I’m reading, but everyone in the manga is seeing galaxies, crying, watching rain from a clear sky, etc as they play, and it’s just normal music to me. Although I enjoy the KOT CD, I did have that “this is it?” feeling when I first listened. The author has done such a great job painting the koto alive that I had unrealistic expectations of how it would sound. It’s reality colliding with imagination ? I have the same initial reaction when eating something I read about in a food-centric manga, and when live actions are made from anime. You settle down quickly and accept it, but there is a small disconnect. It’s like how interesting shogi looks in a manga, but is (IMO) completely boring to watch IRL. With music-centric anime you can’t really gloss over that.

That being said, I’m so excited to watch the anime! I love every bit of this manga and want to see it come to life.

Dex-chan lover
@tenshineko
I'm not willing to accept the anime will fail months before the first episode has aired. I'm no anime hating ANN regular, after all. The music will be a combination of all that's going on together with it, not just a loose piece, just like in the manga, apart from being actually able to hear it. I have heard enough music, also in grand concert halls, in my life to know what to expect and what not to. If the anime is directed well, the music will sound good because it's the characters you care about playing it. The manga just had no choice but the use the visual gimmicks, being a mute media.

@tenshineko It's unavoidable, since you can't bring to life the exact music the characters are portrayed as playing, especially when so much of the manga is about how emotions affect the sound that's made. Still, having just an understanding of what they sound like, and being able to work from there to imagine what they should sound like using what you know from the manga is a great help to connecting to the characters even more.

Im not gonna read al those lame ass comments talking about something that didn't even exist at that point, im just going to say i come from the anime and damm it made me cry a few good times, the presentation in the preliminaries was definitely one of my favorite tines watching anime altogether

Dex-chan lover
Well, the anime was really good.

Haha, I dropped the anime because it didn't have enough (koto) music. That same thing has happened a number of times for me with music themed anime adaptations. I expect them to be full of music, but in fact it's just bits and pieces among all the drama and such. It's not like the characters would be shown playing all the time in the manga, but at the end of the day it would be pointless in a silent media anyway. So, when an anime appears, I really want to hear it. Alas, it didn't happen with the Kono Oto Tomare anime.

Double-page supporter
I swear I just fly through these volumes...I'm so scared of catching up, wish this had 300 chapters

Users who are viewing this thread