Kono Oto Tomare! - Vol. 21 Ch. 79 - Road to Farewell (Part 2)

Momoya has a point. It's harsh, but someone had to say it. They can't keep that up if they're aiming to win.

I think helping out with his siblings might be the support he needs and take the stress off (even if it's just a tiny bit), if he's willing to accept.

Dex-chan lover
Something had to be said. I'm not totally convinced that was the best such something. Although maybe we'll get to something useful now the log jam's been exploded.
The key for me is when she saw that over a week, everyone (particularly Mittsu) had not failed to improve, but gotten significantly worse. What's killing him isn't the lack of time, it's in his head--he's second-guessing every note, so he sucks. And everyone's "making allowances", so they start to suck too.
As to the guy who said it, I'm waiting for him to hit what I'd call the "prodigy wall". He's very skilled and doesn't need to practice much to do the song right. He can put out a very competent performance. But what happens when what's needed goes beyond competence? How does he produce a unique interpretation, a sound with depth and emotion, when he's shallow and avoids contact with his emotions? He's going to need to dig deeper at some point.

Dex-chan lover
Gaah, such a sad chapter, but I knew it was coming. Still, this author never fails to hit all the right heartstrings... Even the fact that it was the bitter newcomer to point out the harsh truth fits so perfectly.
Thanks for the chapter!

I love Momoyan. He might be arrogant and speaking out of place for some, but I think he's exactly what the group needs - a realist. As what @Purplelibraryguy said, he will have to be taken to the ground at some stage too but right now someone needed to say it to the group - unless your "support" is actually making physical, tangible changes for someone, it's all no different from armchair activism - one like one prayer sort of bullshit. At the end of the day life is no shounen manga - the power of friendship and bonds alone won't help anyone pull through difficulty.

I have been through what Mittsu is going through and it's true - what's especially worse for him right now is that he's letting himself be consumed by his mentality. Hopefully everyone pulls through out of this soon. Broke my heart to see something so close to home holding him back.

Mittsu, ganbare!

Given mangaka's older sister a koto teacher and composer, I can't imagine how our mangaka get allowed to make manga. Her family got to be a well-do or traditional one. She has come far.

@ktaztrofk

I agree. I love Momoyan. I love his character actually. I'm not a genius in any sense but he's just so relatable. I'm constantly getting in trouble for saying insensitive things, but then if no one says it, how can you improve? I don't get why people get so hurt over criticism. Isn't that how you get better? You need to first acknowledge your weaknesses then build upon them.

Was he right? Absolutely. But they'll figure it out somehow, though whatever decision they agree on would be extremely unrealistic.

Dex-chan lover
Even thought all this is happening I have to say it, Akira looks wonderful in that outfit.

Double-page supporter
I was watching video on youtube on how the stage actors getting trained in koto. Their performance is amateurish but still impressive considering they were just beginner before

Aggregator gang
Just as that dude above me said, page 13 Akira is gorgeous. Momoya is right about mentality being the snare. However, this is for them to show bare their hearts. If his section was minimized, he'd essentially be reduced within the fabric of the group. Sometimes what's needed to grow isn't consistency but a crucible. One that distorts your time and causes you to reprioritize and become familiar with a new efficiency and effort.

Users who are viewing this thread