Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu - Vol. 8 Ch. 40

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly I feel like this whole manga has been a trainwreck, I've wanted to enjoy it so I've been reading hoping something I like happens but it's just felt bad for me from start to now... I' m glad some people are enjoying it but I don't understand what there is to like :/

Dex-chan lover
@Wreavant You don't have to force yourself to enjoy it. It had a nice premise, but it just went downhill like it usually happens with manga/light novels. Manga authors are not the best at their job to put it mildly. If they were, they would be writing actual novels, when you get a good story it's actually the exception to the rule.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, this is interesting. It seems that his original (from the point of view of the reader) personality is back. And more interestingly, it seems he was aware of what his other personality was doing. Or at least that it existed.

PoH

Why I feel like Ichirouta is one of the biggest douche bag I have ever seen... To bail just like that, gone, poof...

Come on translators, just a few more chapters! you've gone this far, might as well finish it. My deepest thanks to you for the 40 chapters so far.

@criver manga is a rich medium. It's not superior or inferior to writing or animation, it's simply a different medium. With different rules. Like the use of panels and how important they are in telling the story (if you've read anything by Junji Ito, you know what I'm talking about). Saying that manga authors would be writing actual novels if they were good it's an insult to the visual part of manga. Comics can tell a story with the same intensity (and sometimes even more intense) as can the written word. There are actual novels that are shit. This manga is also shit, but that doesn't make most manga shit... The art in this manga is okay, not great but decent. The story is messed up and not thought up enough. Comparing two so different mediums is plain wrong.
(honestly this manga reminds me of fairy tail, just as good art but complicated plot that doesn't make sense and just as shock-invested as it)

Dex-chan lover
@Emerane
Saying that manga authors would be writing actual novels if they were good it's an insult to the visual part of manga.
I didn't say artists, I said authors. I am specifically referring to the mediocre writing you usually find in manga.
This manga is also shit, but that doesn't make most manga shit...
Most manga/light novel writing is shit compared to writing in actual novels.

Users who are viewing this thread