Konyaku Kaihi no Tame, Koe wo Dasanai to Kimemashita!! - Ch. 1.1 - Determination

Fed-Kun's army
@Kevadu
On the other hand, her brother said, "Just listen to what I tell you and you'll be happy"
basically, saying that her desires don't matter, and she doesn't have any say in what her own happiness means.

Worried they may be, but they care more about having a good little sister who fits their expectations than they care about her. If that's love, they're showing it very poorly.

Is their behavior understandable? Sure. Is it good for her? No.

Fed-Kun's army
that... seems a bit extreme... then again her brother was ready to marry her off to the second prince against her wishes, no one actually listened to her or what she wanted out of life, and well, she's fourteen. like, actually fourteen lmao. SO I GUESS I CAN SEE HOW THIS HAPPENED... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like yeah that's just how things were in the time of nobles but it still sucks lol

thanks for picking this up, intrigued to read more!

she just wants to read books leave her alone. only bookworms understand.
ok this seems dope you have my attention , seems like a fine rom-com
thanks for picking this (๑╹ω╹๑ )
the quality is perfect

Aggregator gang
Well going to jus toss this out ther, if you have ever seen the movie "A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum"*, you'd know the greatest gift he got was a bride from The island of silent women

Odds are it's still big in Japan. It has musical numbers like "Everybody ought to have a maid"

MI0002210787.jpg

Yeah I could see the manga adaptation easy

Dex-chan lover
She's just Princess Bibliophile except her family is telling her what to do like they know what she wants.

Even in that kind of society I would want to rebel.

i read the summary and first half thinking it sounded too extreme, but yeah.. if everyone around her nevers cares what she actually thinks and forces her to do things she definitely doesn't want, then why would she /not/ want to go mute? it's not like her voice had any power beforehand, but its absence has the power to inconvenience and annoy them at the very least.

Honestly while it was kinda extreme to just,,, stop talking, I can see how she saw that as her only way to escape in that very quick moment.

Sure she might be selfish, but she has the right to choose her own happiness rather than her brother telling her "what will lead to a happy life"

Group Leader
My uncle actually did this when he was a kid, apparently. Like, he just stopped talking entirely for a year, or at least around his family.

I can’t find myself wanting to sympathize with her, the setting is medieval Europe where political marriages where the norm, so her being selfish already ruins the world scenario as well as not having any true goal that the readers can cheer for.

Signed — annoying critique you hate seeing.

@W0nd3rW4m3n

well, the norm doesnt mean that everyone actually agrees. its pretty much a permanent financial hostage situation for them methinks

but i do agree on you about her not having a true goal, grating

This is funny. I would do that if we're her. Heh. I might do it just because. Btw nice work. It's easily read. And for a new translation group that's amazing. Keep up the good work.

I mean... Does falling and hit your head can really make you lose your ability to talk? I can hardly believe such reasoning.

Well some kind of trauma can do many things to you apparently. Not that it isn't curable, also you can still make some noise.

Why pretend to be a mute when you can just cut your tongue and become one.

Users who are viewing this thread