Konyakuhaki Sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Aggregator gang
charlotte, what he mean is not that 'hit', it's the other 'hit'... i'm sure he said it wrong, he must mean 'hit on me' not 'hit me'
XD

Dex-chan lover
While this story is pretty cute and I'm mostly enjoying it, I do have one criticism here.

In real life, catharsis does not work. I can't stress this enough, but "venting stress," like this is not a useful stress management technique. It can actually cause anger management issues in the long run.

The "Hydraulic Model of Emotion," which was popularized by Freud, but promoted as early as Aristotle's "Poetics," has as much to do with real psychology as "Humoural Theory," has to do with physical sickness. (Keeping the humors in balance was also a relic of Aristotle's time period.)

If his goal is to make her an angrier person, then his method has a decent chance of being successful. But everything he says about bottling up emotions and venting them is basically pseudoscience nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
@DylanTheSon
Sure thing! It's important to realize that our perception of our own mental state is not always equivalent to our actual mental state. A related example is being sleepy. When someone doesn't get enough sleep, they feel tired and become impaired. But if they don't get enough sleep for a long period of time, they get used to it and stop feeling tired, but are still impaired.

With anger, what venting does is make people feel acclimated to being angry, but doesn't decrease stress or anger. Which over long periods of time, allows people to reach higher levels of stress and anger.

• The layman's overview: http://psychology.iresearchnet.com/social-psychology/antisocial-behavior/catharsis/
• Direct scientific journal: https://faculty.washington.edu/jdb/345/345%20Articles/bushman(2002).pdf

Users who are viewing this thread