Koori no Hime wa Chiisana Hidamari de Tokasaretai - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
The twins' dad seems loaded with a big house and a car so Aoba's mom could've just stayed at home and take care of the kids. Although, if the dad is still the mom's client, then they may have needed each other at work. Such is the life of workaholic parents I guess 🤷‍♀️

Aggregator gang
It seems irresponsible for the stepdad to make a teenager stepchild a foster parent when they could downsize their house for extended childcare or find a work with shorter hours. Hope they clear that up.

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoy the manga. It's really cute but Aoba and his family are a bit irritating. The parents seem shitty while still being good people it seems. The mom seems really weird. Like, take care of your fucking children lol. One of my peeves is families that have multiple kids just to have one kid raise the other. And the one doing the raising is working himself ragged with this idea that it'd be his fault if he inconvenienced his parents in any way. It's really sad IMO. But I am interested in seeing what kind of character this dad is. /Rant
I share your sentiments. Kids should be able to be kids, and not act like parents to their younger siblings.

Dex-chan lover
"I don't know if it's the artist's intent, but the dad looks like a sleeze. Gives off real bad vibes."
checks comments
Evidently, I'm not alone in this thought.

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter, except for Dad. He gives very bad vibes, though it can be just a way to distract us from incoming drama (the classic "bad-looking guy with a heart of gold").
Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
I really liked the “tiny ray of sunshine” in page 12. It's just like the title says, isn't it?
The art is the standout characteristic of this series, once you get past the fluff. You can tell the author has a story to tell purely in the visual space, to supplement and amplify the story that's told in the text.

I didn't realize FMC was that stacked, tho :korone:

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoy the manga. It's really cute but Aoba and his family are a bit irritating. The parents seem shitty while still being good people it seems. The mom seems really weird. Like, take care of your fucking children lol. One of my peeves is families that have multiple kids just to have one kid raise the other. And the one doing the raising is working himself ragged with this idea that it'd be his fault if he inconvenienced his parents in any way. It's really sad IMO. But I am interested in seeing what kind of character this dad is. /Rant
Yup this! I really dislike how the author is painting this as though parentification is a good thing.

It's fine every now and then for an older sibling to look after a younger sibling. But the sibling is NOT! The parent.

If you can't look after your kids hire help, downsize, or someone has to give up their job. When you have kids your dreams and ambitions may have to take a backseat if you can't handle that don't have kids.

Dex-chan lover
“I hate seeing people who didn’t have the same privileges as me. Why doesn’t that lazy mom just pull herself up by the bootstraps and work harder! /rant”
If I remember correctly he said she just really loves her job and she's a workaholic. They aren't struggling for funds. It's not lazy, it's selfish. If they were poor and she had to work to make ends meet, ok. But I don't believe that's what's happening.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly he said she just really loves her job and she's a workaholic. They aren't struggling for funds. It's not lazy, it's selfish. If they were poor and she had to work to make ends meet, ok. But I don't believe that's what's happening.
I'm pretty sure he was also insisting on not hiring help and using him instead, even in this chapter mom says he doesn't like help and he has to be practically forced into being taken care of, though she probably should get concerned with his tendency to overwork himself, and it seems like author's way to not paint mom as bad parent while still letting him overwork himself.
Stop injecting the disappointments of reality into this.
Reality has nothing to do with it, to quota Serina "Nyaa" from "Dangers in My Heart": "is this some incel fantasy?" Real life stepsiblings also don't all fuck each other all of the time, not do stepsisters keep getting stuck everywhere. And just because you can't see someone's eyes , it doesn't make him rapist.

Double-page supporter
I'm pretty sure he was also insisting on not hiring help and using him instead, even in this chapter mom says he doesn't like help and he has to be practically forced into being taken care of, though she probably should get concerned with his tendency to overwork himself, and it seems like author's way to not paint mom as bad parent while still letting him overwork himself.

Reality has nothing to do with it, to quota Serina "Nyaa" from "Dangers in My Heart": "is this some incel fantasy?" Real life stepsiblings also don't all fuck each other all of the time, not do stepsisters keep getting stuck everywhere. And just because you can't see someone's eyes , it doesn't make him rapist.
I didn't say it's real, I only said to stop injecting the disappointments of reality into this. I don't want my romcom escapism to be plagued with the eastern "nieche" obsession with NTR. I want to believe!

Dex-chan lover
I didn't say it's real, I only said to stop injecting the disappointments of reality into this. I don't want my romcom escapism to be plagued with the eastern "nieche" obsession with NTR. I want to believe!
Oh sure, I just didn't want to dignify the NTR obsession with allowing to be treated as "reality". Sure, people do cheat IRL often enough, but it's usually nothing as salacious, miserable and utterly dumb and nonsensical at once as in the NTR manga/manhwa/hentai.

Yup I get exactly what you mean. My own dad is one of over 9 siblings...as much as I want to say I love my grandparents, when I hear about how they would frequently leave the older siblings to watch the younger siblings, only to turn around and get upset when the older siblings act out...well lets just say there is a reason why some parents can only be called parents because they are by definition and not necessarily because of their behavior.

Heck their habits are likely why my dad developed npd, he grew up receiving more attention from spectators who enjoyed watching him competing in his chosen sport, than he did from his mother & father.

Tldr: your thoughts on the matter make more sense than some may say, so don't let them get to you ok?
“I hate seeing people who didn’t have the same privileges as me. Why doesn’t that lazy mom just pull herself up by the bootstraps and work harder! /rant”

Aggregator gang
I hope the mc develops more of a backbone and isn’t a spineless wimp like other popular girl x loner guy Mcs

Aggregator gang
many have the same opinion as you, this thing is the author attemp to justify parentification, the MC should not have to be their parents replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread