Kore Kaite Shine - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Stone Dragon-san

Group Leader
Again, a ネーム is just a storyboard.
it’s a Japanese term that is used for manga production. we felt like it’d be wrong to localize/simplify the term used within the story as this is a manga all about the making of manga.

yeah it can be translated as “storyboard” but there’s a specific distinction in the language : P

What they said

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ネーム_(漫画)
ネーム is specifically just used for manga, to a point where the author adds a note in the manga itself to explain its meaning.

Had ネーム been used in other fields as well, then we would have went with translating it as "storyboard", but since it's such a specifically manga term, we felt it more appropriate to stick to using "name" instead.
Lmv4J6f.png

Contributor
it’s a Japanese term that is used for manga production. we felt like it’d be wrong to localize/simplify the term used within the story as this is a manga all about the making of manga.

yeah it can be translated as “storyboard” but there’s a specific distinction in the language : P
It would not be localization or simplification to translate “ネーム” as “storyboard”. Also, I think you should be translating “漫画” as “comic(s)” anyway, so we already differ greatly in translation first principles.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
What they said

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ネーム_(漫画)
ネーム is specifically just used for manga, to a point where the author adds a note in the manga itself to explain its meaning.

Had ネーム been used in other fields as well, then we would have went with translating it as "storyboard", but since it's such a specifically manga term, we felt it more appropriate to stick to using "name" instead.
Lmv4J6f.png
Thank you!!! As someone who kinda HATE localization, like heck not everyone is coming from WEST. I actually appreciate translator using the original name/meaning instead lazy interpretation.

And yes! Storyboard in animating called Ekonte or in western media called animatic storyboard. They are differ in each field.

Double-page supporter
I love the short story that yasumi and kokoro made in this chapter - cute cats

Users who are viewing this thread