Koukoku no Shugosha

Double-page supporter
from the artist of Shut Hell - very good manga
only regret is that we probably will never see the continuation of the novel (the manga only covers the first volumes)

Dex-chan lover
The best war related manga i’ve Read even though we won’t know the end.

Dex-chan lover
such a shame it was cancelled, it had so much going for it and now that the author is dead there's no way we are getting new chapters...

World Class War Manga, I find regretful not knowing the end. But I cheer for the good luck of the beast tamer master of Chihaya

World Class War Manga, I find regretful not knowing the end. But I cheer for the good luck of the beast tamer master of Chihaya

Dex-chan lover
really great read. but feels like every chapter, theres at least 2-3 pages out of order, makes confusing to tell whats going on sometimes

Double-page supporter
@Syanindita

the author is fine.
it's just that the mangaka/publisher only intended to draw 5 volumes from the novel

Contributor
@Starbuck

When you say the author you mean the mangaka Itoh Yu right? If so yes, he's alive. But the author of the original novel died as far as I know, he was the author of High School of the Dead as well if I'm not mistaken.

Double-page supporter
@FRESH

apologies for the mistake.

yes, I meant the mangaka is alive and well.
but the novelist passed away.

however it's also true that there are more volumes of the novel that were not used. An editorial decision was taken to stop the manga serie.

Contributor
@Starbuck

I always wondered about that, wether it was a sole adaptation by Itoh Yu or if he was working in tandem with the novelist himself. Interesting to know, can't imagine why they would take that decision seeing how good the manga was and getting nominated for awards, I guess there's always hope he can get back to adapt some more volumes.

Dex-chan lover
This series continues to be one of the best in terms of characterizing the horrors of war and the people who fight it. I wish I could find the novel translations past its ending somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread