Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 5 Ch. 37.2

Dex-chan lover
I thing the personality of Iris and the Isekai MC is merged, it was Like the original Iris suddenly remember her past (isekai) live. so both still the same person.
The same thing happen in Seirei Gensouki, there the MC even wonder who he is really and "sometimes" view his past live as the memory of dead person.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia
This Iris is pretty much a new entity, the previous Iris was an emotional fragile maiden, this new Iris has been hardened by heartbreak and tempered by the wisdom of a OL that worked for years in a high stress enviroment.

Fed-Kun's army
the isekai MC never have any gamelike POV until now make forget she isn't really Iris

@shyevsa i like the point you made that i wanna really wanna talk about aswell, iris in this one seems like she's totally one with her character and old persona, if anything it just seems like she retained all her knowledge, but when it comes to characters like these, the one character i would hate the most, especially from a isekai story would be momonga/ainz ol gaol(howver you spell it) from overlord, and this goes to anyone but do you think his personality is as one with both beings or him playing as one, cuz i honestly cant read his character at all, he used to play as a human but holds no regards to killing innocent beings and yes i mean innocent since season 2
he killed all them lizardmen with no remorse[
and even with all them trying to play the bad guy with his servants, hes still plays around mentally in his head having those occasional outtakes which really confuses me, or this guy just a pushover(which is what i get sometimes) that falls under peer pressure all the time

Double-page supporter
@OrangeAbundis
In Overlord the MC acts like his character because he fears what would happen otherwise.
Also, because he is an undead, his emotions are restricted. However, sometimes he acts out of pity to honor his friend, Sebas' creator.
This is being addressed in the first couple of chapters, if I remember correctly.

It’s ok Orange it happens to the best of us. Best of luck and remember to get enough sleep ?

RIP the orange.

But hey, it has nice timing with this chapter. College is a unique experience so prioritize the shit out of that.

Dex-chan lover
@OrangeAbundis, from start Iris is kind of "don't want to end up in bad ending" but she already in the bad ending. but yeah I got the impression she never view herself as two people but one person in bad ending just don't want to get it any worse.
The Iris has this story defined personality and history while Momonga is Player created character with Overlord racial traits, yeah he is some kind of pushover guy that falls under peer pressure all the time else he fear that the children (which almost everyone has negative karma) will lose their loyalty. and his racial traits suppress many emotional overload and remorse or sympathy of other race beside his own family.

Why does she only act like she lived 30 years in Japan on Earth when it comes to business but for everything else she conveniently forgets that she's inside an otome game?

I mean, she played as Yuri, she should remember playing as Yuri and all the words she said, the emotions she felt, etc, that were displayed as text and shown in scenes.

Double-page supporter
@nwatn
That's a problem with how the manga portrayed the "isekai" part of the story.
Rather than say she was transported to a new world, it's better to say that she awoke memories of a past life when she was confronted by her brother and the other harem members from Yuri side.

Unlike other stories, she didn't took over the body of someone else; rather she's 100% Iris the noble daughter of a duke, that just so happens to have memories of a past life.

About the game, I dunno about other visual novel games but the ones I played you only had a very limited selection of dialogues that either push for the romance or not. My understanding of it is that precisely because of these limited dialogues that most anime based on visual novels have such generic main character with barely any personality.

So it makes sense that she doesn't know much about who Yuri is behind that mask of a girl in love.

Group Leader
yuri's eyes are just so...creepy.

what is with bern's smile at the end? he seemed sincere before, but that smile says otherwise...

Dex-chan lover
@mimicking
Hes happy that he was able to apologize to her.
He doesnt need her forgiveness, he doesnt deserve it.
The only thing he can do now is work hard himself so that he can become somebody like his sister.
Having his apology accepted is more then enough for him.
I think that smile was just a sign of his determination.

Group Leader
@raydnt i can tell that from
future chapters
but just in that last page, it definitely looked like a plotting face. i understand that those were his intentions as you said, it's just that last page that seems strange, especially with the dark screentones that usually connote underhanded intentions in manga. but i still get what you're saying

Users who are viewing this thread