Kouya no Hanayome

Fed-Kun's army
@Bored_Pray Yeah that is something that annoys me. I see a lot of people try to say people lived extremely short lives but it wasn't that rare for people to live to their fifties or sixties in ancient Greece or the Bronze age. The Life expectancy numbers are artificially low due to the amount of child who did not live to adulthood and the amount of mothers and babies that died in childbirth; and that's not adding all the people who died prematurely from disease or injury/war. People have since ancient times been able to live into what even we see as an elderly age. Its just without modern medicine and safety tech, people were far more likely to get wiped out but other things like disease or war or starvation, etc. etc.
I've actually see a theory that this is actually beneficial to early humans as we had elder people not of productive or childbearing age that could do jobs like taking care of the kids and teaching/studying while all the young people got to work farming, hunting, or gathering.

Users who are viewing this thread