Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - A Poor Cook and Valentine's Eve

Dex-chan lover
@whoamiagain I am not certain about Japan, but I am dating a Vietnamese woman who doesn't really know how to cook. A lot of Asian cultures still place a heavy emphasis on traditional gender roles. The thing is, a lot of younger women in those cultures grew up with a more westernized mindset so many never learned how to cook. My girlfriend was very concerned that she would not be able to cook for me lol. In reality, I love cooking, baking and recently I have gotten into fermenting veggies. I had planned all along to do most of the cooking lol. (If you ever want to impress an Asian girlfriend, cook up some great meals)

I think that these tropes come from the desire to still be a homemaker added to the idea that they are struggling to do something they dont know how to do for the person they love.

Double-page supporter
@Snickrot

This is interesting, thank you for such a detailed and well made write-up. I'll keep that advice in mind.

Dex-chan lover
this is like komi they use small characters

but then when they get flustered it turns mega detailed

Double-page supporter
This here i as a robotic being am better i can read all of this without the need for insulin

Kubos sister: You don't even know the difference between cabbage and lettuce
Me: What an idiot
Also me: *opens a new tab to google something*

Dex-chan lover
Neechan teases young sis just like imouto teases poor MC. Serves her right😂
That said, oneechan best gurl confirmed.

Dex-chan lover
Oh would you look at that, the feMC is a poor cook. This is beat-for-beat BokuYaba.

Aggregator gang
I'm so retarded. I want to be a Chef but i didn't know cabbage and lettuce were seperate different things.

Users who are viewing this thread