Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 4 Ch. 39 - Physical Exams and Tracksuits

That hairstyle...

Pe12QqM.jpg

Dex-chan lover
He's only 20 centimeters shorter than Jotaro. I thought he'd be shorter

Dex-chan lover
Are girls in manga part dog or something. You always see girls in these types of stories talking about the scent of the guy they like.

@Kidawesome55 It's exaggerated for the Manga's sake, but it's been proven that girls usually have stronger senses of smell than guys do on average, so they're more sensitive with scents. Also scents are some of the stronger memory triggers compared to site or sound, so when you smell the scent of someone you like, it's bound to trigger memories strongly. Now again, it's obviously not as intense IRL, but there's some truth to girls specifically stealing their boyfriends' hoodies and shirts because they associate the scent with them.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kidawesome55 it's exaggerated but there have been some studies on the phenomenon of enjoying someone's smell, and iirc it's something to do with immune system differences. if they have a system that's strong against something you're weak against they'll smell better. evolutionary trait for to have stronger/healthier offspring

Double-page supporter
@WuzzyFuzzy The difference in strength of sense of smell is by far the lesser component compared to a higher sensitivity specifically to the scent of guys. First, guys are used to their own scent and so don't notice it or other guy's scents as easily. Second, girls are more attuned to the scent of guys as it's a factor in reproduction, and therefore especially noticeable about a guy they're interested in.

Dex-chan lover
"we didn't grow a single inch" but the heights are given in centimeters...

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I notice a distinct smell from my brothers clothes. Just like the manga, it reminds me of my (old) home, he's way older though so I don't see him often. Could just be me though.

Supporter
@urtoast I would say in terms of "phrasing it" (especially if you think of these groups likely largely being based Stateside), an inch growth is obviously more significant to a cm growth. Of course, you could argue that the extra step of making the conversion should have been done as well for consistency, but I'm willing to let that take a pass since as it is it's just transcribing the numbers already on the page.

Doth this woman hath no shame. Such a grotesque display of hedonism.

Jk I was doing a 1900's church going character

Dex-chan lover
@hazique 1. That he's bigger than her because the jersey is really baggy on her, and 2. Her pose is a bit erotic (you can just barely see her panties) and Shirashi is aware of it, because he's looking away the next panel. That allows the author to show he's both aware of Nagisa as a woman, and nice enough to not take advantage of her pose and stare.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
He's only 20 centimeters shorter than Jotaro. I thought he'd be shorter
LLudFEm.gif

Jotaro is 195. Shiraishi is 166. That's 29 centimeters.

Also, for any people in the comments who mistakenly put cm to feet in google, you're not going to get the right outcome.
There are 12 inches in a foot. If someone is 5.5 feet tall, that actually means they're 5 foot 6 inches.

cm/2.54 = inches

Shiraishi's height is 65.35 inches. He's 5'5" and one third.

Height enforcer bigtiddyoneesan signing off o7

Users who are viewing this thread