Kuchi ga Saketemo Kimi ni wa (2018) - Ch. 3

Group Leader
Came back here after reading the alternate story, this one is better imo

Edit: alternate was alright, but my opinion still stands with this one imo

What does she mean "It's my fault for letting you sleep in my house that one time. I ended up disappearing." ?? what does him sleeping in her house have to do with that

@nevity maybe because she can use that time she spent with MC to scare some people instead, so that she can still exist

@aoyuki but it was raining so she wouldn't have been able to scare anyone right?? that line is the only thing confusing me in this story

@nevity well there may still be people outside even if it's raining. The rain would've made her scarier than usual

Dex-chan lover
@nevity My guess would be that it's a mistranslation and that bubble is about the kid/teacher blaming himself for not having been scared/taking up her time. So it doesn't mean that he really was the culprit of her running out of energy, but (at least in his memories over fifteen years) he feels that he might have been.

Dex-chan lover
@nevity The bubbles are superimposed on an image of him, so my thought is they might originally say "Bacause let stay at house that time" - "Led to disappearance" and some translator guessed they were her words?

I'm not saying they might not have been her words after all, just that I personally feel the story flows a bit better if those two bubbles belonged to him.

But on the other hand, that might skew the story a bit too far into him restoring her out of a sense of responsibility, so maybe the lack of clarity is somewhere else. Because as translated, as you also note, there's something lacking in the road to the conclusion. (As sweet as the ending is, the road there is muddled.)

@Simpleton your explanation still makes sense and I appreciate you answering my question! However, even if the speech bubble belonged to him, there is still no correlation between him being the house and miruko's disappearance 🧍

It's Point A premise was good and the conclusion Point C was sweet but where the heck is Point B, the one that's supposed to connect A & C

Dex-chan lover
@nevity Yea, that's why I think it's his words. Not because there's any actual causation, but because the correlation is there and he feels guilty about it. (Have you ever felt guilty about something that technically and practically wasn't your fault, but it kind of feels like it might have been?)

(Also, there is some causation - if he had been scared by her instead of interested in her, then he would have been a source of sustenance for her. But it wasn't [only] his fault that she became so interested in him instead of trying to find easier prey, etc.)

Fed-Kun's army
@SoulthePupper

Especially when its a monster/ghost girl as unique as Kuchi-chan and not the staple Lamia/Harpy/Centaur/etc. I still kind of wish we got a Hachishakusama or a Sadako manga that was this wholesome.

Users who are viewing this thread