Kurai Anoko to Shitai koto - Vol. 4 Ch. 38 - It's my family we're talking about...

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell did they make her a brother obsessed weirdo again? The only time she shows any emotion or kindness anymore is when it's directed towards her (already in a relationship and very much taken) Brother. The open jealousy, the weird blushes and stutters, why did they go this route again?

It seriously feels like any progress between the main couple from the Rainstorm Arc was removed when this Brother Character was introduced. When he never existed in the series, these moments were all between the MC, but ever since the Brother came into the series, he's clearly the one she's crushing on and I don't get it.

Dex-chan lover
Her suddenly showing so much emotions is so jarring.

Kind of makes it seem like the whole point of the title referring to her as "the gloomy girl" is a lie.

A more fitting title of this story would be:

"Curing the Brocon Girl"

Since it seems her obsession with her brother is more important to the story than it seems. It is not just a passing joke for lols.

Her brocon tendecies is the core conflict of the story now, the thing that is most blocking off any progress.

Double-page supporter
Or y'know, it could be that she's far more comfortable expressing herself around her family than she is around other people. And even then both her brother and her mother are commenting about how she's changed since she started interacting with the MC.

As for why she's so attached to her brother, maybe people should keep in mind that by all appearances she has absolutely no friends. Meaning her brother is the only person within her age range she was able to spend any amount of time with.

Of course she's going to be attached to him. Good grief people, this isn't Oreimo.

Dex-chan lover
Or y'know, it could be that she's far more comfortable expressing herself around her family than she is around other people. And even then both her brother and her mother are commenting about how she's changed since she started interacting with the MC.

As for why she's so attached to her brother, maybe people should keep in mind that by all appearances she has absolutely no friends. Meaning her brother is the only person within her age range she was able to spend any amount of time with.

Of course she's going to be attached to him. Good grief people, this isn't Oreimo.
Yeah!
it Hasn’t been proven yet

unlike Oreimo where the Author self sabotaged their entire series by ruining every progression thread made just to go ALL IN on the Bro route to only get cold feet & walk everything back….

theres still time
this has possibilities
I believe

Dex-chan lover

My issue is more that this is not what I signed up for when I started reading this. The title makes it seems that the story is a romance story about an emotionless girl coming out of her shell.

So I assumed her thing with her brother was not gonna be a big deal in the story, and like you, passed it off as just one of her many funny character traits.

But this chaps clearly depicted it as not just a joke to her, her feelings for her brother are the overarching conflict of the story, and is quickly consuming all other plot progress in exchange.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Looks like both Yuuto and their mother is approved of Tabata - at least there's development in that department.

Dex-chan lover
You seem a bit butt-blasted my dude. As another guys says, people are often more comfortable around their family and act differently than towards strangers. Especially if said stranger is I guess the first boy that's not her brother that she gets along with.

Please calm your tits.

Why the hell did they make her a brother obsessed weirdo again? The only time she shows any emotion or kindness anymore is when it's directed towards her (already in a relationship and very much taken) Brother. The open jealousy, the weird blushes and stutters, why did they go this route again?

It seriously feels like any progress between the main couple from the Rainstorm Arc was removed when this Brother Character was introduced. When he never existed in the series, these moments were all between the MC, but ever since the Brother came into the series, he's clearly the one she's crushing on and I don't get it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i agree with the other guy that it's normal to be more open towards your family. and touko not liking mao could just her being wary of/annoyed at/jealous of mao's open, direct and cheerful personality since touko often can't speak her mind. no indication that she's a brocon, just that she gets along with her brother.
also, none of her progress with tabata has been reset either. she was openly worried about him and gave him the bento and also blushes quite a bit when tabata is brought up in conversation. they talk way more and naturally too.

Dex-chan lover
...Oh, his sister probably means like, cooking celebratory red bean rice/sekihan. It took me a moment.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why people think she's obsessed with her brother; all her strong reactions this chapter were in response to her being teased about her relationship with MMC.

...Oh, his sister probably means like, cooking celebratory red bean rice/sekihan. It took me a moment.
I think that was just her excuse for why she was standing there staring at him.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why people think she's obsessed with her brother; all her strong reactions this chapter were in response to her being teased about her relationship with MMC.

I think that was just her excuse for why she was standing there staring at him.
Explain why she is sulking when her brother's (girl)friend is mentioned then?

Dex-chan lover
I dunno what some of the people here have been reading. I'm pretty sure I was reading a chapter where a girl who is introverted except around people she knows really well such as her brother, got flustered and a bit pissed off as she was teased relentlessly by her brother and mom over being close to a boy.

As to this other person we haven't met yet, well, we haven't met her and nothing's been said about her so duh, we don't know what their beef is. Sure, maybe she was a brocon at one time and saw this girl as taking her brother away. Or maybe this person just has a personality that really doesn't work well with her. Maybe they, intentionally or otherwise, did something really bad to her. Maybe she's one of those people who tries to drag you out of your shell by plunging you into horrible embarrassing situations. I expect we'll find out.

Users who are viewing this thread