Kuro no Maou - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
So that's why she's such a large fairy? Because she's the queen they talked about early on?

Dex-chan lover
@woodrabbit they follow the LN not the WN. It would be foolish to follow what is free because you won't buy the light novels if they cancel the manga to finish the story.

Dex-chan lover
"She is using my magic?"
Well at least someone in this story has the capacity to learn...

Dex-chan lover
@TrueGoddessReincarnation
Guy is summoned to another world, gets experimented on to become a weapon, is stupid but magic given to him is OP and let him use it to win most fights, gets his freedom by chance, met a girl to who he get attached to, find more people that he likes, now fight to protect those people from those that experimented on him

It's pretty basic and direct so far... nothing really that amazing or different other than the "villain" is actually able to learn new things.

Time of Review: c217
I like Kuro no Maou. The start is a little bit of a chore to get through but once it opens up a little the worldbuilding is quite interesting and there is a very wide range of characters and concepts. Despite this, the author manages to delicately balance what fleshing out is required with not dragging it on too much which makes the novel feel well developed without being too slow. The motives of the antagonists side are mainly a little one dimensional (wrong beliefs/race = rape and pillage) which is a slightly dissapointing way to build up the tension but there are a couple of exceptions.
One of the things I like the most about Kuro no Maou is that characters aren’t safe, which I think adds greatly to the sense of desperation and/or helplessness which is prevalent in many cases. Characters will die. If you can’t handle getting attached to a character only to see them have their head lopped off 20 chapters later, Kuro no Maou isn’t for you.
So far, Kuro no Maou hasn’t tried too many different things, but what it has tried has worked out pretty well. If you’re looking for something a bit grimmer, a bit more brutal, or a bit more desperate, Kuro no Maou is worth a try.
Oh, and there’s a yandere.

Users who are viewing this thread