Kuro no Shoukanshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 48 - Mock Battle IV

Fed-Kun's army
I don’t even get this series or comments anymore.

The S-rank system is hard to reach, not because the people have to be strong but they also have to have leadership, wit, and integrity. People who can take control of emergencies and represent the country.

So, she is an S-rank that doesn’t treat anybody w/ respect and even tries to kill another S-rank. She’s a ‘traitor’ of her country and wants to betray the current one too. She’s flawed in all logic as a character.

Though, it all can be said that she’s just too prideful. But, that doesn’t fit w/ the fact that she was the princess’ close aide

Its so funny she stands out. She may be the only normal S-ranker we’ve seen by normal standards w/ conventional magic and getup of the time period, but she’s the only mentally-insane ranker. Even though Drag dude is weird by societal standards and Kevin is whimsical, they’re mentally sane.

@cor3zone lol seriously, Out of all the assumptions We BOTH made I definitely don't think those two i mentioned are wrong.
Like What is a passive skill? Something that you don't have to activate that stays active which the magic armor clearly qualifies as.
Also, How is the meteor not magical if it was literally made by magic and is condensed with magic. Why else would a random giant ice block just appear like that? also its clearly condensed with magic cause none of them could easily break it. If it was just ice, it would be easy to chip away at but it took an S class fighter and S class fire magic to destroy it.
I honestly just mentioned what i did to end this debate till we both have more evidence not just me cause. Once again Everything I've seen has evidence from what we've seen.

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2
The second assumption was mine not yours. You're also contradicting yourself. It's a passive skill, happening without her input, but she can maybe exclude certain magic from the effect? What? How can it be passive, yet controllable?

Anyway, have a nice one.

@cor3zone lol I did read the last part wrong and thought you were saying that it being magical was another one of my assumptions so my bad that was my mistake.
Also Just to answer your question just cause a skill is passive doesn't been it's uncontrollable. It just remains active without having to monitor. Of course, she can control her skill. Its her skill. Most Skills can still be controlled or activated or disabled regardless. This is how they work in most media. Anyway lets just end this i guess. I'll agree with what you said before.

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2
Sorry, just one more comment. Passive means it works, or it doesn't. No degrees, variations or exceptions. On, or off. Entire effect, or no effect. That's it. Most times, you can't even turn a passive skill off.

@cor3zone Thats not what it his man, its not an absolute thing. Havent you played games with passive skills or seen other manga with it? the user must allow your passive skill to remain active. Passive skills only mean it doesn't have to be activated and can remain active.
And there are variations where you can adjust it. Most skills can be controlled by RPG like players or setting in mangas with few exceptions (mainly if its gaining stats thats usually the cause where you cant change it).
It would be a huge inconvenience to have passive skills that keep an actually affect in bettle you cant control in RPGs and this manga is of course based on an RPG like setting. If you don't believe me just google if passive skills can be disabled.

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2
I'm an avid gamer, mostly RPGs. I've played tens of thousands of hours, of RPGs of all kinds. The vast majority of passive skills are always-on once you get them. Some games have passives you can turn off, but those games still have more always-on passives than toggleable. And none of them can ever vary their effect. It's always on or off, you can't make exceptions. It's a flat effect. If you can control the effect, not just toggle it, it's an active skill.

The denomination 'passive' means it's just there, that it can't be controlled to take action. Blocking a specific magic because you want to is taking action. You presented the idea it was passive, still on when unconscious. That makes it, at best, only toggleable. Meaning she shouldn't be able to exclude certain magic from it, and still call it passive. Yet you offered the idea that she still can, making it an active skill. Contradictory, or maybe you just use the wrong terminology.

I will concede that your idea that maybe it only blocks offensive magic is very reasonable. It is Magic Armor, after all.

@cor3zone Its not an active skill cause she doesn't have to activate it. it stays on. I agree there are many games that cant change passive skills (like ones with skill trees) but there are also many where you can ESPECIALLY if the passive skill has a passive EFFECT one not a stat (one like hers clearly is).

We agree that SOME games have toggleable passive effect skills so why cant this be one too? and thats my whole point. Hers is likely Togglable cause its a passive EFFECT skill. So depending on the battle she may need to switch it out or turn it off. When you switch out or turn off a passive effect skill (for example) that is changing or toggling it which many passive skills can do (like in the Witcher 3 for example) so thats what i believe she might be able to do.

Also the exclusion thing was just a theory and I meant it as MAYBE her passive skills have that exclusion stipulation like "only attack magic cant affect her" That's all. i meant as a THEORY. My main point was discussing how the lifeward would work with the armor and it being Togglable is good enough for that.

Also I never meant anything about her specifically controlling the exact passive effect but that maybe she controls the skill ONLY by which skill if its on or not, not the exact effect. So Either disable it (I.E. Switch or toggle it). Thats it. Which you agree might be reasonable. Sorry if i confused you.

Anyway im definitely done now lol and will move on. Nice debating

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2
Poor example. The Witcher 3 has no skills you can change the effect of. It does have a system where you swap out the passive skills you want, but you don't change the effects of the skills themselves. She only has the one Magic Armor skill, so fuck that. I'm content ending this debate on a win, since you just keep repeating the same mistakes.

@cor3zone sigh... i didnt want to respond but i feel you are still misunderstanding me. By "Change" i clarified that i only meant "swap out or Toggle" passive skills cause you are "changing" if the skill is on or not or which one you want on (Like the witcher 3 does). which is how you "control" which one you want to use constantly.

I DID NOT mean you can change the SPECIFIC effect a skill does. I clarified this. I did not repeat any mistake you just didn't read what I wrote before. Also Even if she has one Skill we BOTH discussed Toggling that skill was a possibility.

I clarified everything in my last post and you are STILL misunderstanding me.
Plus this whole argument was about:
-1.IF passive skills can be changed - (and yes by way of toggle or switching out) I NEVER meant changing the specific effect the skill does which I'm now positive that you have misunderstood this whole time.
-2. If the magic armor can allow lifeward. Which be BOTH agreed was possible by toggle or maybe the specifications of the ability.
-3. If the magic armor is a passive skill. Which she clearly doesn't have to activate each time and CAN just stay on. so it fits the qualifications.
-4.If the ice meteor is still magic-based -Which it clearly needed an a S ranked fighter and S rank magic to destroy cause its not just normal ice.
All were my points that I have proven, So how did i lose? (Rhetorical).

Anyway, im done for real this is wasting time. You can reply whatever and I won't anymore, ill let others review our cases now. You can even say you won if that's what you need to move on. You are clearly not reading what im writing anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2
Again you use the wrong terminology. Passive skills can't be changed, and what you're talking about isn't changing the skill. It's toogling it on, or off. Switch it out, it's off. Switch it in, it's on.

Again you misunderstand the very nature of this argument. You claimed her passive skill can do something it can't do, while still being a passive. That has been my only point for like 5 comments now.

I win because your arguments contradict eachother. You played yourself, and lost.

Dex-chan lover
That princess carry tho.

[ New Waifu Acquired ]
Title : Ice Princess

added to companions tab*

He was stronger than all 4 heroes combined and evenly matched with an S class adventurer.
They have more than 1 or 2 S class adventurers.

Why do they need heroes again?

+1 waifu on da harem!

Imagine if he wanted to summon goddess and sera at the same time? lol (╯ ͠ ಠ ͜ʖಠ)╯┻━┻

Dex-chan lover
Hmm I can't remember what Trisen country was :(

Oh and she does look pretty cute!!!!

It's somewhat weird that the summoned heroes (back then) are insanely weak compared to the S classes, even a hundred of copies of the heroes would still not be able to make a dent on a single S rank based on the cheat skills alone. Now they're introducing more characters that are stronger like wha? If even the copious amounts of S ranks can't deal with Demon King how tf are those heroes ever going to do beat that Demon King?

Dex-chan lover
@Naniii
Y'know what, I never really thought about that. I think it's probably because it's harder to control the S rank adventurers. The only reason Kelvin listens to Rio is because Rio essentially has blackmail material against him.

Users who are viewing this thread