Kuroha to Nijisuke: Kuroki Majo no Divertimento - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Inspection

Fed-Kun's army
@Rozzak Right? There's like 4 arcs worth of setup in this one chapter alone. I really liked that previous one shot thing but this makes me tired just reading it.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so that’s what? 3 new and interesting characters introduced in one chapter (with their own “quirks”, special abilities, and otherwise strange personalities). And then there’s still the original premise/plot to solve. That’s a LOT of conflict revealing itself all at once. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but definitely the author making things harder on himself. The series is already completed at 22 chapters, so that means in 20 chapters the author has to develop all these characters, make the villains work coherently (like in a way that doesn’t feel like they just randomly decided to take a convient break when he wants the next one to be the center), keep the story flowing, wrap up every plot point, and give a satisfying conclusion. At the same time the author would need to balance this well enough with the romance, school life, and character development/growth of the main characters. And then he ALSO needs to make sure to put a break on the conflict and slow down the plot so that readers don’t get burnt out (which would again mean we need a good reason why all these villains are doing nothing while the plot slows down). This chapter alone felt very exhausting to read with all the exposition, explanations, reveals, plot twists, and introductions. It’s not that it wasn’t exciting; the problem was that it was. I don’t want to be excited and surprised a billion times in the same chapter (not unless it’s really funny). This all could have easily avoided the issue the author ran himself into just by being fleshed out over more chapters (and that’s not to say it can’t still be fleshed out, but that it’s going to be a LOT more difficult now that all that was introduced in one chapter). Start with the two assassin sisters and finish that up, end with the company saying “Nope. Nope nope nope.” and backing off, gradually reveal the student council guy is crazy and after the main heroine after similar events like what happened in the earlier parts of this chapter (and maybe bad romance advice for their dates?). Have the third sister appear many chapters later just out for revenge. That would have made it a lot easier to build the story with conflict while also focusing enough on the romcom side. If future chapters are going to ne this exhausting to read I can’t say, I’ll want to continue. Which is sad, because I loved the prequel series. And I really love how long the chapters are, but I don’t know if that will be enough to wrap all this up in like 20.

YESS! But it's our fault tho this is not just romance and drama tags only. But I'm not annoyed with this plot. It's interesting to read!

@Damoon i want some normal, lovey dovey story. this is a bit irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread