Kuroneko Guardian

A truly inspiring story with the moral that, should you suffer from the violent vicissitudes of life, it is always possible to pass the suffering down the line. Look a bit deeper and it also contains chiding societal analysis on the hypocrisy of they would deride gaps in experience coupling yet enjoy the fluff of a reversal and makes a compelling case of a neo-revisionist take on weapons rights in Japan.

By neo-revisionist, it is of course meant Japan must take necessary steps to equip its population to prevent another such repeat of the tragedy suffered here and their ilk, which surely come to pass often given the casual depiction above. All men and women of eligible age and the children and the so-to-speak untouchables/social pariahs (not even, but especially them, one might muse generically) must be handed tactical longbows for immediate positive, productive resolution to self defense situations. This is the radical new departure that is represented grandly and needfully by "neo."

Now comes the "revisionist" issue: Japan has always been something of a pacifist, meekly responsible nation dedicated overmuch to impossible win win win principles and the absurd triple bottom line; witness 敬語, and you will reevaluate only having had but two bombs. So despite its famed samurai, a disgustingly deferential and humble culture developed in those iron poor, poor-iron, iron sands (they're not nearly as sci-fi great as the name may register) isles, such that longbows, even if given, may not be used out of a misguided respect for conflict resolution without those non-wielders considering the full range of tools available to resolve conflict expediently and powerfully. Thus the longbow armament is like handing fish to a drowning man: he certainly knows he might have need of it to eat soon, but he is drowning. He who is drowning does not think—he drowns. To stop the thrashing about, the man must be taught to fish; once fishing, one cannot drown, as one does not leave the boat (excepting for purely incompetent fishers, spear fishers below my skill and length-grip threshold, and crawdaddy fishers, but perhaps I digress—though I will hastily say, I do not repeat myself; never confuse the former and latter categories, else a self defense situation may be brewed impressively and quite quickly). To the point again, Japan must be strengthened—enriched culturally—for the longbows to be of use. That is where the longbows come into prominence (and those of you that thought to simply bear arms like guns are shown how benighted your heads are): the use of the 弓 is a well known cultural denominator demarcator. The Japanese identify with the weapon; off this base, WARRING STATES period era drama Westerns starring longbows mowing down hordes of metaphorical cowboy and native Indian rounin, ninja, and ikkou ikki shu-ists should be run. Longbow massacres will become chic and the trend to follow. Like the mindless media consumering lemmings they are, the Japanese will inevitably turn to conformity and carry and use their longbows whenever possible and even when it is inconvenient for others, improbable as that might sound from on high. And so a girl would have avoided having been violated and starting down the path of damnation and cuddles to inflict her traumas on another—but an innocent boy—in a self perpuating cycle of misery, through insidious, pernicious stoic-tsundere exploitation rather than direct force, no less.

Users who are viewing this thread