Kurosagi - Vol. 12 Ch. 130 - Bankruptcy Fraud VIII

Thanks a lot for the latest batch of translations @Freekscans ! \o/

Question: with "your owner", does Kashina mean to call Katsuragi as "the shop's owner/boss" (could be "danna" in Japanese, I remember it being that way in Gintama)? Or does he actually say it like "a dog's owner", where Kurosaki is likened to a dog?

Dex-chan lover
This arc is absolutely horses**t. Let's see where to start.
1) It's established in the arc that trying to nick the "main group" money get you tokyo-bayed. Kurosaki did it twice scott free. Katsuragi didnt seem to get any flak whatsoever. Kurosaki frequently rent temp offices for his gigs. You always need mad paperwork for those. It's incredibly easy to trace the notes back to them and then either to Katsuragi or Kurosaki himself. Organized crime gangs are not morons.
2) Kurosaki called the cops on Watanuki. This, as Katsuragi noted, would destroy the entire ecosystem because the legal ramification fallout would make it hard for other groups to make money. Katsuragi strangely dgaf.
3) The deus ex legendary promissory note forger, despite his capability to flood the market with forgery and is always willing to do a commission, isnt known to cause any impact on the economy whatsoever. Kurosaki's trick this time wouldn't work if not for him. If such an extraordinary person actually exist promissory notes would never be trusted at all whatsoever. Especially not among underground establishments, which definitely should be aware of his existence if not involvement.
4) The goons from the "main group" got duped by the deus ex legendary promissory note forger but blamed Watanuki for it. It's like blaming drug stores for selling whatever med you chose to overdose on.
5) This bar serves presumably raw squid to nonexistent customers. THEY STINK! WHAT KINDA BAR WOULD DO THAT? WHY?!

Group Leader
@Angie7 the term is 飼い主 (kainushi), which is literally pet owner, mostly written with the pet part omitted. in this case the pet would only confuse it and not make sense I felt. The other option was keeper(of animals), but that sounded too nice, since he's attacking kurosagi.
So to answer your question, he's likened to a dog yes.

@freek254 Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me! 🙂

@rephikul About number 2: I don't think that's the case. I believe Kashina did his investigation and ended up raiding Watanuki. Kurosaki doesn't trust the police at all for starters, he's a shirosagi and only trusts on bankrupting the kurosagi. Not to mention it'd be mighty awkward to run into Kashina during the raid at the company, it'd almost be like asking to be arrested.

Power Uploader
@freek254
Typo on page 13: "But then your asumption was wrong." >> "But then your assumption was wrong."

Users who are viewing this thread