Kuroshitsuji - Vol. 30 Ch. 165 - That Butler, Teaching

Thanx for the update! So nice to see Mey Rin's background. We're in the present now. No surprise for her answer to the question. I am excited to see what happens next. She'll have to save the other girl then get back all on her own without them hopefully scattering to the wind or catching them.

Dex-chan lover
alright, pet peeve time.
mey rin should've just domed her before launching into her monologue.
i mean, i know for sure now next chapter will be a maid vs maid pistol fight but still.
distract target with idle chatter indicating interest in the offer, adjust weapon, pull trigger, finish mission.

Dex-chan lover
Ok so:

Love the contrast between Mey Rin and Elizabeth. Mey Rin has values that she gained through serving her Ciel Phantomhive, values she may be willing to bend for her master but values she would never break because her master isn't that kind of man (kid).

Elizabeth discovered what her Ciel Phantomhive was doing and for "love" she was willing to once again destroy herself completely. She already threw away everything she loved as a fencer and swordmaster and now she throws away her own family and her own self to adapt to what her Ciel wants and needs.

Of course things are more complicated than how I presented them but I'm loving this. Can't wait to buy vol 29 when it hits the stores in my country!

Dex-chan lover
Yeeeeeahhh mey rinnn go get em
to be honest I'd have preferred you just shot her while that long-ass monologue but it's fine

Dex-chan lover
GO Mei- Rin I hope one day she gets so e glasses that help her see close up too

Dex-chan lover
@TRShottie You can have the best of both worlds. Shoot simultaneously with your refusal, get drama and surprise.
Reminds me of when the supercharged blood-magic-powered warrior came for Jon Shannow, the Jerusalem Man. He rode up, pistol at his side ready for a quickdraw and called "The king of kings has spoken the words of your death. Do you have anything to say before you die?"
Shannow said "No." as he shot the guy. Smooth draw during that one word, while he was still expecting banter. Opponent was supernaturally fast, but he'd trapped himself with his arrogance.

Aggregator gang
Wow, are we finally done with Mey Rin's backstory? It's been 84 years...

Group Leader
Wait hold up. Why isn't anyone talking about that last page?! Did they just, reveal Ciel's actual name?! And all the servants already knew?

Fed-Kun's army
Awesome backstory but also, thank God we're back on the main plot

Users who are viewing this thread