Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
My otaku senses are warning me of a "harem" and "tsundere male" tags. But seriously this unfortunately is a formulaic development which not every author can pull off. Gotta bite the bullet and keep reading just in case.
In before the "dense MC" crowd shuffles in.
No, please don't jump in front of the angry mob like that. You might have to change your username to ItsThatDeadGuy

Dex-chan lover
Geez author you could have waited at least a few more chaps of development for the main couple before throwing dumb drama so early.

They barely even know each other yet and already they are throwing drama tropes that usually appear dozens of chaps into the story.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure every man who hate the mc hate him because they see themselves in him and don't want to admit it. Like:
-He tried his best to change himself.
-Even though he achieved what he wants, there is still a scar left that scare him, which is accurate as fuck, trauma is not easy to forget.
-He won't know that the girl likes him just because she acts friendly with him because SHE fucking asked him on how to be friendly with people and asked him to help her practise. (Even I don't know if the girl like him or not, like, someone tell you that they want you to help them practise being friendly with people and they start being friendly with you, if you then assume that they're being friendly with you because they like you, how down bad are you?)

This is all I can say because there're only 2 chapters rn, but I won't stand for it if someone hate on him for some bullshit excuses.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure every man who hate the mc hate him because they see themselves in him and don't want to admit it. Like:
-Even though he achieved what he wants, there is still a scar left that scare him, which is accurate as fuck, trauma is not easy to forget.
-He won't know that the girl likes him just because she acts friendly with him because SHE fucking asked him on how to be friendly with people and asked him to help her practise. (Even I don't know if the girl like him or not, like, someone tell you that they want you to help them practise being friendly with people and they start being friendly with you, if you then assume that they're being friendly with you because they like you, how down bad are you?)

This is all I can say because there're only 2 chapters rn, but I won't stand for it if someone hate on him for some bullshit excuses.
I hate him because he's ignoring his friend. It's not that deep.

Dex-chan lover
I hate him because he's ignoring his friend. It's not that deep.
Uh...she's not his "friend". He's interacting with her out of pity. Is his responses to her frustrating? Sure, but he's 14-15 years old, grew up being bullied, tried to get out of it, and realizes he's in a predicament which would once again cause him to be bullied (not to mention he has piss poor self esteem).

Dex-chan lover

I don't think he assumed that she like him, at least that's what the story says. Both of them are dense in different ways. She's just clueless, and he's just afraid other people will misunderstand their relationship. He often freaks out because he realized how clueless she is.

Dex-chan lover

Yeah I agree, real life is a lot different. Tbh sometimes I do some cringe or dumb things and I look back and don't like it.

so I get why some people want to read to drift away from reality.

To the mc's credit he has probably only been preparing for 3 months? (Unless he started before summer) Losing weight is tough (not that I know tho I'm skinny) and you need to change eating habits.

And I doubt he had anyone to talk to. So him managing to socialize is impressive.

Dex-chan lover
While I do agree with alot of you that Keisuke is trying his best to be able to socialize better after the trauma, and I get it, hes still a kid, but I just cant help but feel a annoyed that he has to SHOUT in almost. Every. Damnnnn. Panel. Especially towards Shizuka. Like man, the girl is even stuttering sometimes, cut her some slack, pleaseee. I guess this is like a male version of tsundere? Hopefully he can be able to calm himself more in the future

Anyhow, thanks again for the translation Better Than Nothing Scans!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread