Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - Today, I need to avoid getting too close to Kusunoki, at all cost...

Dex-chan lover
She invites him to the beach. He invites others dudes, then proceeds to ignore her and treat her like she has cooties. Any other girl wouldn't gotten pissed at this point, Kusunoki is an actual saint.

She invites him to the beach. He invites others dudes, then proceeds to ignore her and treat her like she has cooties. Any other girl wouldn't gotten pissed at this point, Kusunoki is an actual saint.
In fairness, he doesn't know if Kusunoki has feelings for him, and he also hasn't properly come to terms with his feelings for her.

tbf I get it. He realized two things a few chapters ago

1. his affection to Hebikawa was superficial (she was pretty and not mean towards him)
2. he's not sure if his affections to Kusonoki is superficial or not (she is also pretty and not mean towards him)

the results are very similar to vol. 1, but the context is 180. He was just trying to pawn her off other people back then. Now he's trying to not put her on the same pedastal he put Hebikawa on long ago. It's partly a defense mechanism to avoid repeating the same trauma.

Of course, we realize he's overthinking it, but tbf it's not like Kusonoki has fully realized her feelings yet either. Could be solved by one more proper communitcation about her feelings and his full backstory between them, but it might take a bit.
I think out of all the people here giving their opinion, with some sympathizing with his trauma but most of them just dunking on him, I think you've created across the most reasonable explanation, considering Shizuki's previous experiences, for why he's behaving the way he is.

Avoid the person and force situations for her to be alone with the guy who is drooling over her and who she doesn't want to get near her... Why?
Clearly the guy who is too scared to ask Kusunoki to play volleyball or even just text her is about to hit on her.

That guy is never going to intentionally make a move without it being a gag

Dex-chan lover
Clearly the guy who is too scared to ask Kusunoki to play volleyball or even just text her is about to hit on her.

That guy is never going to intentionally make a move without it being a gag
True, but she's still displeased. It's just Shiroki's actions that don't make all that much sense (teens, I know)

I mean, it was also Kusunoki's idea to invite friends. Remember, she invited Moe-chan first and then said, "the more the merrier", implying to me, MC, and any sane person that he can invite a couple of his own friends.

And truthfully, is this necessarily a bad thing? I get that she is shy, but If they do end up together, it would be good for them to have a good friend circle around them.

All y'all are overreacting and need to at least read the last 5 chapters. There is progress going on, y'all just don't see it.

Remember, 3 chapters ago he had a conversation with the Snake and was struggling to come to terms with that situation. The following chapter he sees Kusunoki and finally starts to realize his feelings for her. This PAST chapter he was still debating on whether or not his feelings for her are superficial or not. Remember, in his mind he was burned before. It's not unreasonable to not want to be burned again.

And side note, I can at least understand his feelings. I have been rejected by female friends in the past when I also thought they also had feelings for me. I've also missed signs that a female friend was interested in me. It's not exactly easy to try and figure out if a friend really does have feelings for you.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it was also Kusunoki's idea to invite friends. Remember, she invited Moe-chan first and then said, "the more the merrier", implying to me, MC, and any sane person that he can invite a couple of his own friends.

And truthfully, is this necessarily a bad thing? I get that she is shy, but If they do end up together, it would be good for them to have a good friend circle around them.
I don't know why you're so caught up on this that you had to reply twice but I see that you're projecting on him hard. I really shouldn't be replying to someone that'd resort to calling others not sane just because they don't see the same shapes in a cloud but I have free time so why not.

Kusunoki invited Moe, a mutual friend at this point, because he didn't want to be alone with her. It's not that she's rejecting it because she's shy, she just doesn't care about any other guys that he is so insistent on introducing her to because he wanted to get rid of her (due to his trauma, sure, but it doesn't change that fact). Good friend circle? With that one guy that clearly is romantically interested with her as well? Good luck with that.

Point is Kusunoki is only interested in him, and want to spend more time with him. Not any other guy. She has expressed this time and time again, and hasn't done anything to betray his trust. And if he's trying to figure out his feelings or don't know that the other person has feelings for him, pushing them away is the exact opposite of what he should be doing. But I suppose when you're trying to get closer to someone and they say nah my friend would be a better friend that's perfectly normal behaviour for you. No, the trauma card doesn't work here because evidently he doesn't get triggered by her.

Users who are viewing this thread