Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 75.1 - The Lantern Plant (Part 1)

i wish i could stand reading things with wuxia names in it.
man, i want to read the novel so bad but the name is another thing to read.
i only remember the main lead sadly. who is shen ryu? rouran? even some translation were taking different name.

Dex-chan lover
I can guess where is she as there is a lot of clue but damn this is complicated.

Dex-chan lover
No, Maomao suspects that the emperor's "brother" is actually his son that got switched at birth, but she doesn't know (or deliberately doesn't follow the train of thought that would lead her to the conclusion that) Jinshi is the imperial prince.

Jinshi himself obviously knows that he's the imperial prince, but he doesn't know he was switched at birth. He mentions in chapter 55 that when he was young he thought the current emperor was his father but was actually his brother, ironically being correct in his initial assessment, not that he'd have known.
yeah thank you for bringing it up because I really thought Jinshi should have known who his real mother is considering that he attended to his mother for years during her time as high consort until retirement

Dex-chan lover
When the author got into trouble, I'm worried the manga would be ded. Goog thing it's just house arrest, so the author still can work on it

Dex-chan lover
Why are these women who conspired and committed deception against the Emperor still alive?

Dex-chan lover
I coulda sworn I knew what was going on but after reading the comments I actually don't think I know anymore. I could've sworn it was confirmed (to the readers) Jinshi was the son of the pedo emperor and the empress dowager, and he's just faking being sick/an eunuch. It was only a theory (held by himself) that he was the current emperors kid. There was a switched at birth plotline for the second prince??? Who the hell is Ah Duo????

famously, Ah Duo's child died in childbirth. Everyone, including Ah Duo, believes this to be the case. Regardless of how similar the two look, no one makes the connection because her child died! And, keep in mind that Mao Mao still doesn't know that Jinshi is the prince (though I think she has her own suspicions). She does however have the theory the two children were swapped despite not knowing Jinshi is the child.
Now, there are in fact children who are like carbon copies of only one parent, so while there might be some of the emperor in him, he very much so does not share enough similarities for him to not have his own suspicions over his birth.
Ah Duo’s child didn’t die in childbirth, he died shortly after. Fengming killed the baby by giving him honey. It was pretty much spelled out that Ah Duo was responsible for the baby switch because she thought her child would have a better life that way. And the entire reason that Ah Duo remained in the rear palace for much longer than she intended to is because she wanted to be close enough to watch Jinshi grow up.

Dex-chan lover
The thicc plotens. I already know the resolution from LNs, but boy this manga is executed perfectly. Especially the tax-fraud induced art.

Dex-chan lover
I don't believe Tai Hou died. We've already seen one person fake their death, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another. Not only that, but she's in the "Ghost Story" segment of the manga, and it ends with the readers assuming she's a ghost, but the story always has realistic explanations for ghost sightings.

I think Tai Hou stayed in the imperial palace for whatever reason, and she was trying to kill a bunch of maids during the ghost storytelling before she left for good (but failed because of Mao Mao).

Dex-chan lover
Complex over his appearance, but not relating to him looking like a handsome lady.

His intellect is what makes him a good match for Maomao.

When Jinshi wants to be scary, he's scary.

Jinshi should just head to Rakan and see what happens at this point. As humiliating as that would be.
Spare no expenses, and they would make an army by themselves.

AcX

Dex-chan lover
ALL CONSPIRACY AND NO MAO MAO MAKES JINSHI A DULL BOY

Users who are viewing this thread