Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Aphrodisiac

@Xianoaaaaa, no, they said this is the first version of a manga made from the novel. Anyway this is pretty enjoyable, and I say thanks to the translator. Events here are surely explained better than the other version... It lacks a bit of magic, it's maybe too plain!? But I'm not complaining eh 😄
It's still kusuriya no hitorigoto dudes

Supporter
"meow~"

I'm liking the way this is done so far, and the whole story is easily good enough to be worth reading in whatever incarnation it shows up in (at least, unless someone messes it up completely - neither of the manga adaptations have done that, though they've taken different approaches).

Is it just me or are the names different from the other manga and the novel translations? Cause while I don't remember all the character's names exactly I feel like the consort wasn't called Yuye.

Aggregator gang
gotta admit, it's about the 7th time I'm reading this bit between the original and this...and I still wanna know what exactly he needed that for, I get he's not a true eunich, but cause of the drug he takes to fake it, he can't perform anyways. I presume the main batch is meant for the emperor's use, but the piece he stole? or is he resistant to poisons like her to the point it's just a sweet snack?

@NotteBoy97 The first notice in the first chapter is a note on how they are writing the names like their chinese pronounciation and not the japanese pronounciation like the novel and other manga does. Some things stayed the same like MaoMao, some things changed like consort Gyokuyou -> consort Yuye.

Dex-chan lover
@InsaneInsomniac It will be explained in the future chapter but in case you wanna know now.

Spoiler warning:
It'll connect to the event of that one consort whom pretended to sleepwalking. Renshi gave the aphrodisiac to the officer asking for her as some sort of "motivation".
This version will also show that Renshi was a bit more involved in getting them together.
As for the piece he stole, I assumed he just wanted to taste it.

Dex-chan lover
@Xianoaaaaa: No, this is also based on the Light Novel.
The difference between this and the other version is that, the story focuses more on the other characters in this adaptation. While the other version focuses more on "Maomao" herself.

Oh man, the Maomao faces in this one - that "this poison hits pretty hard" face cracked me up

@NotteBoy97 Yuye is how you read 玉葉 in Mandarin. In Japanese, the names in Kusuriya no Hitorigoto are all a mix between different kanji reading (in Japanese there is onyomi and kunyomi). There is ruby text that indicates how the names are pronounced to help the reader. The ruby text for 玉葉 says ギョクヨウ (Gyokuyou). However, other names like Maomao or Lihua are not how Japanese people would pronounce their names, it's how it would be read in Mandarin.

Since that is all preeeetty inconsistent from the author, the scan team has decided to just use Mandarin reading for all names in this manga adaptation. That's why Gyokuyou was changed to Yuye and Jinshi is Renshi here.

Amazing chapter, I don't regret starting this version. I can't wait for the next chapters and more disgusted Maomao faces lmaoo
Thank you, scanlation team❤

Users who are viewing this thread