Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Luohan

Contributor
Honestly I think this scene was done better in the anime/other manga. There it looked like she just hated the idea of thinking about him

mao-mao-apothecary-diaries.gif

Dex-chan lover
Who's luohan again?
Or what chapter did he show up in the other manga?

Dex-chan lover
When it comes to that old man, she'll pick any other alternative.

He if anyone would select talent over anything else.

Yeah, the look of disgust she directs towards Renshi is nothing compared to what she directs at him.

She thinks a bit too much here considering how much she doesn't want to know.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what I feel about this different information about rakans plan with maomao. Certainly it leaves a bit more of a question as to what his motives were compared to the anime, but I've gotta be honest, I had seen granny in a better light before this. I had figured she didn't sell maomao immediately because she did care for her and her mother a bit and was beating rakan in part for what he did to them but learning she just didn't sell her because she was gonna make the house way more money is kinda saddening. She obviously does care just a little bit, but I liked her being more complex as to what her motives were. She's a bit too villainous here. I do tend to only like this one for being more clear with the stories and mysteries making more sense, I prefer the other series because the characters feel more likeable and have better chemistry.
But isn't jinshin younger than 25? if he is the true son and the emperor and ahdoh are about 35 he should be only around 18~20 right?

I don't know what I feel about this different information about rakans plan with maomao. Certainly it leaves a bit more of a question as to what his motives were compared to the anime, but I've gotta be honest, I had seen granny in a better light before this. I had figured she didn't sell maomao immediately because she did care for her and her mother a bit and was beating rakan in part for what he did to them but learning she just didn't sell her because she was gonna make the house way more money is kinda saddening. She obviously does care just a little bit, but I liked her being more complex as to what her motives were. She's a bit too villainous here. I do tend to only like this one for being more clear with the stories and mysteries making more sense, I prefer the other series because the characters feel more likeable and have better chemistry.
But isn't jinshin younger than 25? if he is the true son and the emperor and ahdoh are about 35 he should be only around 18~20 right?
The thing is, Lakan does love Maomao genuinely. It's this weird complicated mess of the granny wanna punish Lakan, knowing Lakan will cherish Maomao, a semblance of greed, and then everything in between. Keep in mind, the granny never told Lakan Fengxian is still alive even though she knows Lakan will literally do everything to buy Fengxian even with syphilis, because granny does feel Lakan doesn't deserve Fengxian, setting aside the pregnancy plan IS Fengxian's idea rather than Lakan.

Also why I like Maomao's face here. Like, Maomao doesn't hate hate Lakan. She is just turned off by Lakan's face because she first met him with his face beaten up and bleeding looking very creepy. Add in Lakan's standard creepy looks and it's very easy to see why Maomao just feels disgusted by Lakan.
We know later on that Maomao has actually figured out the story between Lakan and Fengxian and decides to throw her dad a bone. She also has patched things up with him sorta properly in the LN iirc.

As for Jinshi, his 'recorded' age is older exactly to throw off the suspicions that he is in truth the Emperor's 'brother', who is in truth the Emperor's first son.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is, Lakan does love Maomao genuinely. It's this weird complicated mess of the granny wanna punish Lakan, knowing Lakan will cherish Maomao, a semblance of greed, and then everything in between. Keep in mind, the granny never told Lakan Fengxian is still alive even though she knows Lakan will literally do everything to buy Fengxian even with syphilis, because granny does feel Lakan doesn't deserve Fengxian, setting aside the pregnancy plan IS Fengxian's idea rather than Lakan.

Also why I like Maomao's face here. Like, Maomao doesn't hate hate Lakan. She is just turned off by Lakan's face because she first met him with his face beaten up and bleeding looking very creepy. Add in Lakan's standard creepy looks and it's very easy to see why Maomao just feels disgusted by Lakan.
We know later on that Maomao has actually figured out the story between Lakan and Fengxian and decides to throw her dad a bone. She also has patched things up with him sorta properly in the LN iirc.

As for Jinshi, his 'recorded' age is older exactly to throw off the suspicions that he is in truth the Emperor's 'brother', who is in truth the Emperor's first son.
Yeah, agreed he definitely loves her, I should have specified that this version just added that bit of information about granny being in on a deal really gave my argument about her character after reading the manga a looser basis. Adding it to her always pushing maomao to become a consort makes it like she just kept her to be her golden goose later. I just hated seeing so many arguments claiming that lakan did nothing wrong and that granny was an evil bitch and fengxian was a snake. They are all so much more complicated than that. I can never keep track of the ages other than the former emperor's preferred age :fml:

Users who are viewing this thread