Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 33 - Perfume Oil

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!

It's been such a treat revisiting this part of the story, especially since the first season of the anime didn't reach this far. My memory is not the best, so it's almost as if I'm reading a brand new story all over again, with the added benefit of it being a different version of the story that I've previously read.

Dex-chan lover
I find perfume to be too much almost the moment you can actually smell it.

Almost expect a, "Does this smell like chloroform to you?" joke there.

Maomao is up to her no-nonsense tactless shenanigans again.

Spectator #1 is looking forward to Renshi having a talk with Maomao. She's cute.

A lot of medicine works by being poison to harmful things in your body.

Shouldn't have teased him.

Dex-chan lover
Well, Maomao did promise a Crystal palace attendant (ch 5) that she would defile her...SNIFF... :wooow:

HCO

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL, meow. To be honest I'm having trouble keeping track of which version of Maomao I'm actually reading with the different manga.

Dex-chan lover
It really bothers me seeing that flower tea being called "jasmine tea". That flower is not jasmine. There are flowering teas that contain jasmine in the bundle, but either way plain old "jasmine tea" does not look like that.

Since this error was present in both manga adaptations, I can only assume the flaw originated in the textual description of the novel, and the manga artists only followed the original text. I think what the author calls "jasmine tea 茉莉花茶" is actually "茉莉仙桃" (literally translates to "jasmine peach"). 茉莉仙桃 is a specific flowering jasmine tea that's made with amaranth flower as the centrepiece. I don't think 茉莉仙桃 should be referred to with "jasmine tea", but I don't know. Maybe there are Japanese sites that mislabelled the product or in Japan people just call it differently.

This is a 茉莉仙桃, which resembles the flower depicted in the artwork more closely:

DSCN0789.JPG

This is a blooming tea with both chrysanthemum and jasmine blossoms:
1280px-Kougeicha_02.jpg

The big yellow flower is chrysanthemum. The jasmine is the smaller white flower on top.

Regular jasmine tea with jasmine blossoms that are not made into a blooming tea bundle:
B-1.webp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread