Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~

So I heard some people say this one much better than previous one, now I'm curious.
Glad I'm not the only one who feel odd about the other's pacing.

Not as good as the other adaptation, not by a long shot. Art is nowhere near as good, and while the author reportedly dislikes the pacing in the other one, this one feels like it's trying to rush things too much.

What I wonder is how did we end up with two in the first place? I know the author is dissatisfied with the first, but is this a different publisher? How can you publish two stories at the same time? And yes, all rights are retained by the author, not the publishing house, in Japan, I'm just surprised the publisher for the first would let another be made without a fuss.

So I take it that this is the same story, just different publisher/artists?

What's the problem with the pacing of the other one? I sincerely think the other one is perfect :/

This one is faster? I'll wait for few 2-4 chapters are out before I judge that.

Whew. I've never commented before but I feel like I can clarify a few things. (Honestly, I just feel more comfortable on Discord than comment sections)

Here we Gooooooo~

Both mangas started at roughly the same time, so there is no "who came first" issue really. They both came together.

This manga (henceforth referred to as GX) is an entire half a novel volume worth of story ahead of the other one (BG).

The main difference between them is TONE and the audience. I shall explain.

GX is targeting an older audience. If you check the RAWs, comparing to BG that has ruby/furigana for every. single. damned. kanji. GX's ruby usage is more in line with the novel's.

BG is more of a comedy. Lots of dynamic panelling and expressive faces.
If that is the reason you like BG, you will not like this version.

GX is more of a drama. Lots of quiet moments, Jinshi blushes (a lot) and you get a more grounded version of the story.
If the reason you liked the other manga was the characters and story/romance, you will like this one.

All in all, they are 2 completely different tellings and if you're a fan of this franchise, you should read both.

[EDIT] Oh and BG skipped an ENTIRE MYSTERY and some character development... so there's that. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread